Mythbusters sends cannonball thru house / minivan - by mistake

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Ban cannonballs! They're killers!

An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a CANNONBALL will get angry and kill you.

Ordinary people in the presence of CANNONBALLS turn into slaughtering butchers but revert to normal when the weapon is removed.

Most people can't be trusted, so we should have laws against CANNONBALLS, which most people will abide by because they can be trusted.

Last edited:

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    "Mythbusters said they would make it right... but have they made you right? I'm Robert Diliberto...."

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    A lot of that doesn't makes much sense to me without seeing the path of the cannonball.

It flew straight though the front door of a home on Cassata Place, and bounced around like a pinball, flying up to the second floor before blasting through a back bedroom wall
    The wayward cannonball then blasted across a busy road and through a second home some 50 yards away, demolishing roof tiles.
    The out of control cannonball finally came to a stop inside Jasper Gill’s minivan.
    “It hit the dash, through the passenger window,”

I'd love to see that path b/c that seems like a lot of different directions and to maintain the velocity to do so just seems a little confusing.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    A lot of that doesn't makes much sense to me without seeing the path of the cannonball.

I'd love to see that path b/c that seems like a lot of different directions and to maintain the velocity to do so just seems a little confusing.

Maybe it was a giant bouncy ball...

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA

Artist rendering:

family-circus-billy-path1.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Obviously it was guided by the ghost of Lee Harvey Oswald.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    not only a publicity stunt, but they also have been doing some interviews on radio, and I dont think the cast iron balls bounce..

From what I understand about them (not a lot), they actually do, not by virtue of the cannon-ball, but by virtue of angles and objects hit. On the battlefield a bouncing cannon-ball into some troops was hell.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    not only a publicity stunt, but they also have been doing some interviews on radio, and I dont think the cast iron balls bounce..

They were seeing how destructive different materials were. They had fired two previous projectiles that didn't go wayward as this one did.

The "bounced around" like a pinball and "demolished" sounds a bit exaggerated.

The projectile was the size of a baseball.

Here is how I mapped it out ...

When the cannonball was fired, it missed it's intended target, blasted through a concrete wall, and bounced off the top of the hill that was to be a backstop.
    58670156.jpg

93054023.jpg

It bounced off the street upward through the front door and continued upward through an interior wall,
    38127089.jpg

Exited through the second story bedroom wall and bounced across the street,
    58320816.jpg

Bounced off this house's angled roof.
    73247820.jpg

Landed through this same mini-van.
    55989442.jpg

Last edited:

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    They were seeing how destructive different materials were. They had fired two previous projectiles that didn't go wayward as this one did.

The "bounced around" like a pinball and "demolished" sounds a bit exaggerated.

The projectile was the size of a baseball.

Here is how I mapped it out ...

When the cannonball was fired, it missed it's intended target, blasted through a concrete wall, and bounced off the top of the hill that was to be a backstop.
    58670156.jpg

93054023.jpg

It bounced off the street upward through the front door and continued upward through an interior wall,
    38127089.jpg

Exited through the second story bedroom wall and bounced across the street,
    58320816.jpg

Bounced off this house's angled roof.
    73247820.jpg

Landed through this same mini-van.
    55989442.jpg

:bowdown:

Excellent job!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads