Nebraska Passes Concealed Carry Without Permit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    There's too much money being made by LSP for them to let permitless concealed carry pass. Think about it. $125 per person. Lots and lots of people. The cost is unconstitutionally and discriminatorily (not racially) high. I used to work there. They're never going to give it up unless the citizens can convince the lawmakers that it's more detrimental to listen to LSP. Don't see that happening.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    There's too much money being made by LSP for them to let permitless concealed carry pass. Think about it. $125 per person. Lots and lots of people. The cost is unconstitutionally and discriminatorily (not racially) high. I used to work there. They're never going to give it up unless the citizens can convince the lawmakers that it's more detrimental to listen to LSP. Don't see that happening.
    It’s inevitably going to happen here sooner than later. Over half of the US already has it. Louisiana has a form of it for veterans and active duty already that was implemented on August 1st 2022 I believe was the exact date.

It’s the same song and dance in every state, none of them wanted to lose the revenue from it. I don’t deny that they will drag it out as long as possible and do everything they can to stop it from happening. Im sure they will do any and everything they can to stop it including the incredibly cringe videos of sheriff and police around Louisiana making videos crying about how scared they are and how it will be like the wild Wild West if constitutional carry passes just like the previous couple of years. These LEO’s who don’t support it aren’t stupid. They know exactly what they want. They fully realize that criminals don’t follow laws and not allowing constitutional carry only hurts and applies to law abiding citizens. Regardless if they want to admit it or not the only thing they are scared of losing is power.

Last edited:

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    It’s inevitably going to happen here sooner than later. Over half of the US already has it. Louisiana has a form of it for veterans and active duty already that was implemented on August 1st 2022 I believe was the exact date.

It’s the same song and dance in every state, none of them wanted to lose the revenue from it. I don’t deny that they will drag it out as long as possible and do everything they can to stop it from happening. Im sure they will do any and everything they can to stop it including the incredibly cringe videos of sheriff and police around Louisiana making videos crying about how scared they are and how it will be like the wild Wild West if it passes just like the previous couple of years. These LEO’s who don’t support it aren’t stupid. They know exactly what they want. They fully realize that criminals don’t follow laws and this only hurts and applies to law abiding citizens. Regardless if they want to admit it or not the only thing they are scared of losing is power.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this: "this only hurts and applies to law abiding citizens". What hurts law abiding citizens? If they pass constitutional carry or if they don't? You're spot on about losing power being their main concern. Law abiding citizens might vote them out if they resist constitutional carry. Especially if they start campaigning on it. "Elect (or re-elect) me and I'll fight for permitless carry". Like you said, criminals don't care one way or the other and most probably don't vote. I don't think LEOs are concerned about a bunch of law abiding citizens walking around with concealed weapons. Hell, they're law abiding after all.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I'm not sure what you mean by this: "this only hurts and applies to law abiding citizens". What hurts law abiding citizens? If they pass constitutional carry or if they don't? You're spot on about losing power being their main concern. Law abiding citizens might vote them out if they resist constitutional carry. Especially if they start campaigning on it. "Elect (or re-elect) me and I'll fight for permitless carry". Like you said, criminals don't care one way or the other and most probably don't vote. I don't think LEOs are concerned about a bunch of law abiding citizens walking around with concealed weapons. Hell, they're law abiding after all.

I thought I was pretty clear throughout but I’ll clarify. Criminals don’t follow laws. If they don’t allow CC that doesn’t affect a criminal in any way shape or form. That would only hurt law abiding citizens.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It has not passed here yet because we have a democrat Governor! It passed the last session with a veto-proof majority and two douche-bags were bought off before the over-ride. Edwards' (as centrist as he seems), is not going to be the first democrat to pass this into law.

And if Jeff Landry doesn't stop acting like a bible thumbing zealot, Shawn Wilson is not going to sign it in the next four years either.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    I thought I was pretty clear throughout but I’ll clarify. Criminals don’t follow laws. If they don’t allow CC that doesn’t affect a criminal in any way shape or form. That would only hurt law abiding citizens.
    "These LEO’s who don’t support it aren’t stupid. They know exactly what they want. They fully realize that criminals don’t follow laws and this only hurts and applies to law abiding citizens. Regardless if they want to admit it or not the only thing they are scared of losing is power."

If LEOs know that only law abiding citizens will be hurt if CC isn't passed, and law abiding citizens keep them in power why would they be against it and let the law abiding citizens know they're against it with cringe videos?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom