Need a place to fish. Bought my son his first Boat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I hadnt been fishing in probably 10 years. and NEVER in the Denham springs area.
    Our boats have been pleasure boats for recreation only.

My 14 Year old son has been fishing with his friends for 2 years now and really enjoys it.
    I bought him a small v-bottom alum weld. 25 Yamaha, Decked out with interior, seats, trolling motor etc.
    He can launch it, navigate, and is even good with the trolling motor & fishing.

I need a place to take him freshwater fishing . He wants to go to henderson.
    Any help , Ideas, or other places to start.
    The AMite river is Nasty right now.

Pretty sad that I dont know where to take my son ! Help BS Brothers !

Vince

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Hey vince,
    its a bit of a drive, but certainly a nice place..
    Take 10 towards Lafayette, take the ramah/meriguin exit, turn right, you will immediately see a bait shop.. turn left at shop..
    then you will see a small bridge on right, take it, cross over and turn left, travel along the levee for 14 miles... all gravel, do it slowly and not after a heavy rain.. its all cow **** and mud..

there is a public launch , that river on the left is the the grand river.. its public and very nice.. They say it connects with jack millers landing if you go far enough, I have not gone..

the upper grand is over the levee , also public but muddy right now..

have fun..

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    You're asking fisherman to give away their prize spots? :)

I only fish occasionally, and when I do I look for where the boats are congregating, then go there. Fish are pretty volatile creatures. They can evaporate as quickly as they arrived, so when the fishing falls off, look around for the boats. Just don't get too close to them. Nothing pisses a fisherman off more than being crowded by someone running an outboard and scaring all the fish away.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I use to fish blind river a lot as a kid and always caught every trip. It's right off of diversion canal which should be around your area but it was all good fishing. Just depends on the fishermans ability :)

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    You're asking fisherman to give away their prize spots?

Since we are all BS brothers, a little family help couldn't hurt. I should have thrown in there that With the Fish kill in the Amite and other areas from the hurricane, leads to a place that wasn't
    effected too bad would be a super favor. And If we catch, Ill hand out next weeks lottery numbers .

Rode around the AMite and Diversion last weekend and the water everywhere we went smelled horrible.:confused:

Vince

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I've been considering picking up a flat bottom myself and finally get fishing again. Now is a good time with everyone off loading their stuff as the weather cools. When I was younger we fished all around the bayous, intracoastal waterways, etc, between Plaquemine and Pierre Part. Lots of good memories when I was little, in a 15 ft GOLD FLAKE Skeeter bass boat w/ brown carpet and a black 75HP Mercury. I have pictures somewhere of me, maybe 5 or 6, driving it. Family parted ways, the boat was accidentally left at dock in a rain storm and sank. Was never right again. It was eventually sold. Probably rotted in a yard by now.

Anyways, you guys have fun! Many good memories made in a boat here in LA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom