Need a work out plan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    I need a work out plan to drop at least 3 minutes off my mile and a half time. I have knee problems pt test is 15:20 min 1.5 mile 27 sits ups in 1min and
    and as many push ups as possible. I currently am making the run in 19 mins I am having to walk some because pain is to much from running not so much for being tired. Push ups are no problem the sit ups i can do sometimes. I have been riding a bike trying to help me without having to run but doesnt seem to be helping i need to do this in just under a month. any suggestions. And yes this is just as much for me then just getting a job i am overweight should i continue to ride my bike or just run. My concern is doing more damage to my knee i had cortisone shots in my knee but doesnt seem to help

shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    No not now im might have to get one im just doing push up sit ups and biking. Might have to suck it up and get gym membership if so is it worth a personal trainer

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I have knee issues so I understand. Bottom line is continued running is not going to help.
    I would suggest fast paced anabolic workouts. Something like p90x. And maybe run once a week.
    No matter what make sure you got some good shoes though.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Make sure you have good running shoes. Go somewhere and get fitted for them. Most running shoe stores will let you try on mutiple pair and believe me they do make a differance. It may not relieve all your pain but it could help a great deal.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You should go talk to a doctor and find out exactly what is wrong with your knee and see if there is any stretching that you can do to help it. I would recommend trying Insanity if you want to build up cardio quickly...but it will hurt your knee. Another option is to see if you know a good runner and have them run with you and look at your stride and see how you breath. I know it sounds silly, but the trick to running further, faster, and for longer periods of time is technique / form. Shoes are definitely a good thing to look into as well. Depending on what is wrong with your knee, you could either wear super light shoes to help or heavier more padded shoes that would absorb shock. Once again, this would be something to ask a doctor though. For me, I run better in lighter shoes that simulate running almost barefoot. Some of my friends are the exact opposite though.

Just keep trying and keep pushing yourself. You will get better. Good luck man! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    Sounds like a cartilage issue...but I'm not a doc. Swimming....laps...its non weight bearing and bad azz cardio.

shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    yes i dislocated my patella and fractured my femur plus cartilage damage last year. I have been to a different Ortho but once again they have only done x rays no ct/mri cant remember what they did last time. When the injury happened the E. R. Dr jst took an x ray and told me i might have sprained it. since then i have had MRI/Ct scan like i said don't remember which one i always get those confused. When i had the scan done the ortho said i dislocated my patella fractured my femur and cant remember they cartilage damage done. Since then i have been to a new ortho. He did an x ray but nothing more. Said shots should help really pushed away from surgery i dont really want surgery but if fixes things i do . I will push with the biking and swimming which i have been doing a little bit of but will do more. I want to get in better shape for myself and my daughter but one decent job is better than two jobs when it come to spending time with family

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    yes i dislocated my patella and fractured my femur plus cartilage damage last year. I have been to a different Ortho but once again they have only done x rays no ct/mri cant remember what they did last time. When the injury happened the E. R. Dr jst took an x ray and told me i might have sprained it. since then i have had MRI/Ct scan like i said don't remember which one i always get those confused. When i had the scan done the ortho said i dislocated my patella fractured my femur and cant remember they cartilage damage done. Since then i have been to a new ortho. He did an x ray but nothing more. Said shots should help really pushed away from surgery i dont really want surgery but if fixes things i do . I will push with the biking and swimming which i have been doing a little bit of but will do more. I want to get in better shape for myself and my daughter but one decent job is better than two jobs when it come to spending time with family
    If you fractured your femur you do not want to be putting shock on it. In laymen's terms...no running or jumping. Re-messing-up a fracture is no fun at all. Biking would probably be fine but it depends on where the fracture is. I would call and ask the doctor personally what you can do while it heals. Messing up a femur is a pretty big deal as it is the biggest solid bone in your body. You don't want marrow or any of the insides of the bone leaking out. If your patella (kneecap) is not completely healed yet, running will probably not be good for it. When I tore my LCL I also bruised my patella a little bit (damn Central wrestling team!) and it was not fun when running.

As mentioned above, swimming is an excellent way to get your cardio up. It also won't stress your knees too much. Once again, I stress, talk to your doctor or some type of physical therapist on what is best for you. Re-injuring yourself would not be a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom