Need AR-15 GunSmith

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    To replace A2 front site on my mp15. I currently have a low pro gas block. I just don't have the proper tools to do so.

I'm confused which is not hard to do lately, are you going to install the low pro GB ?
    I'll be around some this weekend, call me Friday and we'll do it.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I had a Troy MRF free float rail on it.
    Had to remove the rail and put MOE handguards on for a OPS416 piston system for a T&E
    When installing the piston system I didn't have a front A2 sight when the delta ring and other components were place back on the rifle. I acquired a A2 site and pins from a member here.

So basically I need the low profile gas block removed, and the A2 site reinstalled and pinned in place. Its that, or if you want to mill on a 230 rail system to fit over a piston.. I'll call you Friday, unless you show up at the lunch.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Had to remove the rail and put MOE handguards on for a OPS416 piston system for a T&E
    When installing the piston system I didn't have a front A2 sight when the delta ring and other components were place back on the rifle. I acquired a A2 site and pins from a member here.

So basically I need the low profile gas block removed, and the A2 site reinstalled and pinned in place. Its that, or if you want to mill on a 230 rail system to fit over a piston.. I'll call you Friday, unless you show up at the lunch.

I'm working Friday. Call me Fri. night and we'll shoot for Sat. 0800 AM.
    It will cost you a tripple Grande, no whip mocha though !

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA

I'd just buy a clamp/bolt on FSB with a flip front site, or a gas block with a top rail that you can mount a flip-up on, but thats me :o. YHM, Vltor, and a bunch of other companies make them, and you can put one on yourself.
    Chances are that the holes drilled in the FSB you got are not going to line up with the ones in your barrel, as they are drilled and reamed at the same time during installation on the barrel.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I'd just buy a clamp/bolt on FSB with a flip front site, or a gas block with a top rail that you can mount a flip-up on, but thats me :o. YHM, Vltor, and a bunch of other companies make them, and you can put one on yourself.
    Chances are that the holes drilled in the FSB you got are not going to line up with the ones in your barrel, as they are drilled and reamed at the same time during installation on the barrel.

Thats exactly how I had to do mine. I have a rifle length 4rail HG an a carbine

Top Bottom