issue resolved

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    yes, it is confirmed cashed.
    I sent him another PM this morning stating its not too late to make this right...
    no response
    You would think if he’s a good guy who’s just down on his luck he’d take that second chance or at a minimum say something and ask for some time. Hopefully he’s ok but it’s not looking good for him.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Try calling the DA's office where he lives.
    I will.
    I have to get all my ducks in a row first. I went to my post office and explained what happened. They gave me a printout from their intranet that provides the adress, with name, date and time of delivery ( I sent it priority). Then I filled out a form to get a copy of the cashed money order along with the name of the person who cashed it, the date it was cashed and bank where it was cashed. They said it will take 2 weeks or so for me to recieve that info..If I dont get anywhere with the DA, Ill still go the civil route and Ill just have to talk to the clerk to see if they will force him to reimburse my expense to get there, its about 2.5 hours away..we'll see..

Last edited:

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    You would think if he’s a good guy who’s just down on his luck he’d take that second chance or at a minimum say something and ask for some time. Hopefully he’s ok but it’s not looking good for him.
    Ive given him several exit ramps to get back into a place where no harm -no foul as far as Im concerned..I would have given extra time if needed-no problem...He chose to not do the right thing here, I even stated in my last PM to him..it was not too late to do whats right.

jpso211

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 21, 2018
    Hammond, LA. area
    On the 21st of April, I did a search for a trijicon SRO and found one listed fs by another member Sonyman74. I pm'ed him to see if it was still fs and he said it was for 400 shipped. I said Ill take it and send him payment via postal money order which he recieved and confirmed via PM on April 24th. I contacted him on 4/30 to tell him I had not recieved the SRO yet. He replied to my PM on 5/1 and he stated he couldnt get the sro off the slide and that he would have to get a gunsmith to get it off..He offered to send my money back if that was an issue. I immediately replied that I was skeptical of buying an electronic sight that need to bepossibly forcefully removed and i would prefer to just return my funds. He replied no problem on 5/1 and has not responded to any of my PMs requesting an update on my refund. He has been on the site several times and I know he has recieved my PM's as well as at least 1 mod/admin attempted contact. I dont believe he ever intended to send me the sight or refund my money. Anyone ever have to deal with a situation like this? Looking to get some ideas on path forward. Its $400 bucks, not alot of money I know, but its the principal of the matter...this is the original fs thread

Go to the post office. Bring all ur paperwork and receipt of money order... Talk to the postmaster and explain u want to file a report and a complaint with the United States Postal Authority... The are the 1st and oldest police authority formed in the United States... And they are FEROCIOUS & TENACIOUS when it comes to finding, arresting, and solving Federal crimes against the USPS...
    Using a USPS Money Order puts u right in their wheelhouse... Also I'm pretty sure that $400 would make the charges a felony!
    It's ur best bet to solve ur problem...
    Stay Safe! & Good Luck...
    Vince.... jpso211

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Go to the post office. Bring all ur paperwork and receipt of money order... Talk to the postmaster and explain u want to file a report and a complaint with the United States Postal Authority... The are the 1st and oldest police authority formed in the United States... And they are FEROCIOUS & TENACIOUS when it comes to finding, arresting, and solving Federal crimes against the USPS...
    Using a USPS Money Order puts u right in their wheelhouse... Also I'm pretty sure that $400 would make the charges a felony!
    It's ur best bet to solve ur problem...
    Stay Safe! & Good Luck...
    Vince.... jpso211
    This is the correct advise.

The beauty of using a USPS MO is any fraud automatically becomes a felony and a federal case.

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    This thread has received much attention from site members concerned for fellow members in time of need . I appreciate that quality of you guys . Thanks!!!

It appears sumbody who apparently had not yet fulfilled their part of a deal for whatever the reason, a person who visits the site daily, surely sees by now the wheels of justice are now in motion on this particular issue. Is that amount of money worth losing the very rights we enjoy and exercise as members on this fine site? A felony charge would surely dampen one’s spirits for quite a while, and perhaps have far reaching consequences. Not to mention one’s reputation.
    Hopefully this gets resolved easily, as it was meant to be in the first place. The ball seems to be located on one end of the court.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I will.
    I have to get all my ducks in a row first. I went to my post office and explained what happened. They gave me a printout from their intranet that provides the adress, with name, date and time of delivery ( I sent it priority). Then I filled out a form to get a copy of the cashed money order along with the name of the person who cashed it, the date it was cashed and bank where it was cashed. They said it will take 2 weeks or so for me to recieve that info..If I dont get anywhere with the DA, Ill still go the civil route and Ill just have to talk to the clerk to see if they will force him to reimburse my expense to get there, its about 2.5 hours away..we'll see..
    What about small claims court? Would that possibly be an option?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Ive given him several exit ramps to get back into a place where no harm -no foul as far as Im concerned..I would have given extra time if needed-no problem...He chose to not do the right thing here, I even stated in my last PM to him..it was not too late to do whats right.
    I agree seems like you’ve given him a few chances to own up and pay up. Everything is adding up to him being a **** head who decided to run off with your money. I wish you the best moving forward and if this guy is that much of a coward that he can creep around here peaking at what everyone is saying but still sit back and not own up to his mistakes I hope you’re able to throw the book at him legally. Hopefully it is a felony since a USPS money order is involved and hopefully they give him the max penalty.

Two things I despise are thieves and liars and this guy is both apparently. What a class act….

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Has he replied to you? It seems he was at least reading conversations as on an hour before I'm posting this reply.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 103718.png

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    This is no good, and I feel for you. Documentation may be real important here as it seems to be the only correspondence and link to the transaction. Maybe a nicely worded letter from a legal representative could help, but I'm not a legal professional so I am not sure. Good luck.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member