New Application turnaround

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Any recent info on renewal times? I let my permit lapse but approximately 30 days later submitted a renewal on Nov 21 2020. Only status I can see is "submitted to state". Should I be concerned about the two month (so far) wait?
    My stuff went in on the 6th. Haven’t heard anything yet. If you look above, he got is in a week from start to finish.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    I believe as long as its "submitted" within 90 days of expiration your good. They probably chose the phrase "submitted" so that the applicant is not responsibile for their slow asses.

However see my earlier post. I submitted 11-10...still "pending review" This is my 2nd renewal and all done online. Yet others have received theirs in just 2 weeks. Sounds like our file got sent to the same person just sitting on it. Govt expedience and all that...

Last edited:

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    I believe as long as its "submitted" within 90 days of expiration your good. They probably chose the phrase "submitted" so that the applicant is not responsibile for their slow asses.

However see my earlier post. I submitted 11-10...still "pending review" This is my 2nd renewal and all done online. Yet others have received theirs in just 2 weeks. Sounds like our file got sent to the same person just sitting on it. Govt expedience and all that...
    For anyone sweating renewals, mine was in September, I submitted in June, never got the "approved" email, sent an email in late August requesting status, and attaching the prior emails to it for reference. Got a reply from a human within 3 days, and it was approved within the week.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Received my email today stating my app was approved. It shows a submission date of 12/20.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Any recent info on renewal times? I let my permit lapse but approximately 30 days later submitted a renewal on Nov 21 2020. Only status I can see is "submitted to state". Should I be concerned about the two month (so far) wait?

94 days for my renewal.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Renewal STILL pending. SUBMITTED on 11/10/2020.

Anyone have the e-mail to send inquiry that resulted in a quick response?

Last edited:

SSaltz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The secret is to do everything online and do fingerprints at headquarters. That way no one has to enter anything. If you do everything online but send in a fingerprint card someone has to get to it in the big pile of mail and take the time to scan it in that is why it takes so long.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The secret is to do everything online and do fingerprints at headquarters. That way no one has to enter anything. If you do everything online but send in a fingerprint card someone has to get to it in the big pile of mail and take the time to scan it in that is why it takes so long.

My renewal took 3 months and everything was processed online. It doesn’t matter if you do paper or online, it still has to be reviewed and approved.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    My renewal took 3 months and everything was processed online. It doesn’t matter if you do paper or online, it still has to be reviewed and approved.

For a renewal do you still need prints?

It seems, from reading this post, renewals are taking longer then new applications. New applications that are done online and have prints done at the headquarters are done the quickest. As I have posted before... Mine was approved the day after I did my prints. Actually, the lady who did my prints told me right then and there "it'll be in the mail".

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    For a renewal do you still need prints?

It seems, from reading this post, renewals are taking longer then new applications. New applications that are done online and have prints done at the headquarters are done the quickest. As I have posted before... Mine was approved the day after I did my prints. Actually, the lady who did my prints told me right then and there "it'll be in the mail".

No prints needed for renewals.

70068shooter

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    LaPlace, LA
    I applied Feb 10, 2021. Permit arrived today April 7, 2021. Less than two months. Really nice considering everyone was saying 6 months.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I applied Feb 10, 2021. Permit arrived today April 7, 2021. Less than two months. Really nice considering everyone was saying 6 months.

I know several that applied 5 weeks before you and nothing yet.
    Did anyone on this forum say it took 6 months to receive their permit?

ARshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    New Orleans area
    It took just over 7 months for me. I mailed off the app in mid August 2020 and just received my permit 2 weeks ago. Once they opened and entered it in late February, it took about a month.

Last edited:

csg1027

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Metry
    Bear with me here:

I filled out a paper application for a new permit and hand-delivered it to the LSP HQ in Baton Rouge a few weeks ago. I paid via money order while there, and also did my prints there.

So I email them last Friday checking in and they say they're still processing paper apps from January. They did say that if I pushed an online app through, that it would speed up the process.

This past Friday night, I submitted my online app and they already had my payment and my prints. Today, they e-mailed me saying I was approved, and to expect my permit in the mail in 10-15 days.

So, sending the app online and doing the prints at LSP HQ seems to be the quickest method at this point. HTH

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Good afternoon gents - just a current update. Had a student take her class with me April 3rd. She went to BR for prints on the 12th, and paid the same day. Today, the 22nd of April she just received her permit in the mail. 10 days total. Hopefully this is back to the great turnaround times we used to have!

Top Bottom