New Glock Carbine?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikesibley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    I've seen the articles online saying that Glock is coming out with a carbine that shoots pistol caliber ammo. Anyone have any information on the release of this weapon?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    image.axd

Glock-1911.jpg

aefd4335-e02e-5707.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If Glock has any new products available next year they will be announced at SHOT Show 2014 and orders taken. I think late 2014 will be a good time for a Glock Rifle.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The biggest news with this was a couple years ago when Glock added a rifle length range to one of their facilities. Then shot show came and they unveiled the totally revolutionary beaver tail backstraps.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I've seen the articles online saying that Glock is coming out with a carbine that shoots pistol caliber ammo. Anyone have any information on the release of this weapon?

So it would be kinda like an AR, except without the benefit of shooting rifle bullets? I haven't seen or heard anything about them making one and if they did, I still wouldn't want one.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I think a 21st century Glock designed UMP type rifle would be fantastic.

I just don't see Glock ever getting into the sbr business as it would be a dramatic shift from their current business model.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    MECHTECH

After seeing the MECHTECH glock carbine conversion in person then reviewing the available options, I'm definitely getting one. GREAT little setup. I'd go with no other options than the telescoping stock and leave it always in the collapsed position.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    If they did I dont think they would use the AR platform.It would prolly be a AK platform that would accept a Glock frame kinda like the carbine conversions that are out now but better because of the AK parts.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    When I was taking the armorer class the instructor said that they have been working on one in the motherland but it was a totally new platform,... that was three years ago take it for what it is,..the instructors were probably the ones starting rumors to see how far they would go.

Oh but there was this unholy thing,...

glock81.jpg

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My cousin has a kit that uses a Glock 17 lower that mounts into a carbine length upper complete with adjustable stock and picatinny rail for an optic. No sights. 16" barrel I think. Wish I had taken a pic of it. Pretty cool looking. Resembles a paintball gun.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think this was been around & alive since the 'Glock: The New Wave In Handguns' book came out 20+ years ago....The author mentioned it near the end of the last chapter, IIRC....

(But if they ever do actually come out with one- Heat's buying. :rockon:)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I love my hi-point carbine. stifle your laughter- its one of the "funnest" guns I've ever fired.

If glock made one, I wouldn't be able to resist.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.13_GMR.php

GENERAL ORDERING ACCESSORIES

GMR-12

Available as a complete carbine, upper or lower assembly, the newly released JPGMR-12™ 9mm is a versatile platform that measures up in terms of both function and accuracy. Built on either our JP-15™ or PSC-11™ upper receiver, this blowback-operated carbine cycles with virtually no recoil and allows for extremely fast sight recovery with solid 3 MOA accuracy from a pistol cartridge usable out to 100 yards.

With the high-performance ammunition available from many manufacturers, the GMR-12™ makes a solid choice for a competitive match carbine (especially considering the cost savings of 9mm ammo over .223) and is also well-suited to home defense applications given its impressive .357 magnum-comparable ballistics with a carbine-length barrel. The lack of concussion in enclosed spaces and greatly limited over-penetration issues when compared to most rifle cartridges only enhance its suitability in this arena.

Designed from the start with the needs of law enforcement in mind, the GMR-12™ accepts the same G17 pistol magazines as Glock 9mm pistols for carbine/sidearm compatibility and is also available in select-fire configurations. Built on the PSC-11™ upper receiver platform with its dual charging systems, the GMR-12™ readily accommodates those with training backgrounds on either the HK or AR-15 platform. The complete rifle package includes our own JP select-fire trigger setup for precision trigger control in both semi- and full-auto modes. As with all JP rifles, the GMR-12™ comes with parts and service readily available from a trusted US manufacturer.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    yeahhhh....

I'm hitting targets at 75 yards with a 9mm carbine that cost me 250.00. I'll pass on that one lol

I'll rephrase: if glock produced one in the price range of the cx4-ish range, I'd have to buy 1 or 2

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So as long as we're speculating- what say you all about how one would be accepted by law enforcement agencies? :)

One would think Glock- IF they ever actually took the plunge- would come up with a product that would certainly be able to compete in that market- CERTAINLY from a cost point of view....

However.....

Just my layman's opinion- but I think something like this would only come about after Mr. Glock leaves this earth. Call it something similar to what happened at Ruger once Big Bill went to his reward. Anyone think Ruger would have ever gotten into the AR / 1911 game while Bill Ruger was still calling the shots? Not me.

Just something to kick around, anyway....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom