New Glock Trigger.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I saw a video where a guy was getting around 2.75lb trigger pulls but he was using an aftermarket connector, striker spring, firing pin block spring, and trigger spring.

I believe dropping it in as it comes from Glock with the . Connector you can expect around a 4lb trigger pull.
    4.1 Pounds per their website.
    One of the Glock reps said the minus connectors would lower it below the 4.1 pounds.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    In the video above (reply #4 by buttanic) at about 1:58, he says "it is about 3.5 lbs, and with a minus connector probably a little less". That's good enough for me. It would be an improvement over the stock trigger. And definitely would be an improvement over the NY trigger we had in our issued Glock 22 at NOPD. Those things were horrendous.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just checked the trigger pull on one of my Gen 5 9mm Range Glocks with aftermarket trigger components.
    Measurements were taken from the lower part of the trigger which is easier to average.
    10 pull average was 3# 3oz.
    It would be several oz. higher from the center of the trigger.
    I had a Johnny Glocks trigger that averaged 2# 10 oz. when measured the same way.
    I will measure the new Glock trigger the same way and report here.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Here’s another video from shot where Glock speaks about the trigger briefly.
    I can’t wait to get mine in. I’ve also saw a couple of videos where people mention these being compatible with gen 3 and 4 as well with some minor tweaks. Not sure how true that is but I did see a few people say it can be done. if they are as good as the reviews I’m seeing I wouldn’t mind dropping one in all of my Glocks.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No. Not unless approved by their department and installed by the department Armorer unless they shipped from the factory with the new trigger. LEA's do not normally allow triggers with a lighter trigger pull than factory. Glock should make the new trigger the OEM trigger in all new Gen 5 long slide models.
    I knew of a department that required a New York trigger on any glock an officer carried. If an officer wanted to carry concealed off duty under the premise of being leo, that backup glock had to have the 8lb trigger as well.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I knew of a department that required a New York trigger on any glock an officer carried. If an officer wanted to carry concealed off duty under the premise of being leo, that backup glock had to have the 8lb trigger as well.

That is as Dumb as a Rock like NYC.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Would this be best for duty..competition…or carry. For a competent shooter not a first timer. A 2.5-3 pound trigger is a bit light for my carry pistol. But that’s me. Just curious if there is a definitive wall before the break. I would like to shoot one before purchasing for sure.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Would this be best for duty..competition…or carry. For a competent shooter not a first timer. A 2.5-3 pound trigger is a bit light for my carry pistol. But that’s me. Just curious if there is a definitive wall before the break. I would like to shoot one before purchasing for sure.
    According to Johnny glock, it's very easy to blow through the wall.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have 4 overwatch triggers and I’m happy with them. All factory except the shoe and bar. My 19x is a bit heavy but they all have super smooth take up and a defined wall. Thanks for the video

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    So I had the opportunity to install the Glock Performance Trigger in a Glock 17 Gen 5 today. I also installed it in conjunction with a Glock OEM Minus Connector. The results are below.

I installed the parts at Reulet Gusmith and we measured them with an electronic trigger pull gauge. We measured at the bottom of the trigger after the gauge defeated the trigger safety, so this furthest from fulcrum point location may give a different reading than someone measuring at the center of the trigger, but the results should be nominal. We approximated data over multiple pulls of each configuration.

Glock 17 Gen 5 stock OEM "dot" trigger - approx 4 pounds 2 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with OEM Glock Minus Connector - approx 4 pounds 0 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with Glock Performance trigger - approx 3 pounds 8 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with Glock Performance trigger and OEM Minus Connector - approx 3 pounds 5 ounces

It would be in your best interest to have a Certified Glock Armorer install this part. YouTube is not an OEM certification. When you cant figure out why it will only fire once, and not reset...I told you so.

My personal feelings are this is an amazing trigger from a major manufacturer. I am really pleased with only the Performance Trigger installed. There is almost no overtravel and trigger feel from front to back is consistent. For a reciprocating trigger this is a very nice improvement, and will be a serious contender to the aftermarket triggers that are commonly used. Its also a factory OEM part now, which mean the warranty will be supported.

Hope this helps. I will be posting a video of both triggers being pulled, and up close comparison pics, on Advanced Laser's instagram.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    So I had the opportunity to install the Glock Performance Trigger in a Glock 17 Gen 5 today. I also installed it in conjunction with a Glock OEM Minus Connector. The results are below.

I installed the parts at Reulet Gusmith and we measured them with an electronic trigger pull gauge. We measured at the bottom of the trigger after the gauge defeated the trigger safety, so this furthest from fulcrum point location may give a different reading than someone measuring at the center of the trigger, but the results should be nominal. We approximated data over multiple pulls of each configuration.

Glock 17 Gen 5 with Glock Performance trigger - approx 3 pounds 8 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with Glock Performance trigger and OEM Minus Connector - approx 3 pounds 5 ounces

It would be in your best interest to have a Certified Glock Armorer install this part. YouTube is not an OEM certification. When you cant figure out why it will only fire once, and not reset...I told you so.

My personal feelings are this is an amazing trigger from a major manufacturer. I am really pleased with only the Performance Trigger installed. There is almost no overtravel and trigger feel from front to back is consistent. For a reciprocating trigger this is a very nice improvement, and will be a serious contender to the aftermarket triggers that are commonly used. Its also a factory OEM part now, which mean the warranty will be supported.

Hope this helps. I will be posting a video of both triggers being pulled, and up close comparison pics, on Advanced Laser's instagram.
    Thanks for the detailed results with the different connectors. That's what I was waiting for.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Just got in the 2 I ordered from Glock. (I’m on their mailing list and when I saw it I bought immediately.) I’ll advise once I get them installed. And yes, I took the Glock armourer course but that was some time ago so I’ll likely have someone more current than me install them.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Just got in the 2 I ordered from Glock. (I’m on their mailing list and when I saw it I bought immediately.) I’ll advise once I get them installed. And yes, I took the Glock armourer course but that was some time ago so I’ll likely have someone more current than me install them.
    Then you should understand the concept of install it with no issue.

Think the Gen 5 models and how the Trigger Spring interfaces with the Trigger Mechanism Housing, that little "lifting the lever" part to install it. Thats the location you need to pay attention when installing the Trigger with Trigger bar into the new Performance Trigger housing.

It comes with a rubber band holding them together in the package, but when I opened it, it was not in the right place and I had to adjust it to install properly. Guaranteed 80% of YouTube installers wont get it right and it wont reset at all.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Those reading without the Performance trigger are far below the norm for a Gen 5 Glock.

These readings posted by Advanced Laser.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Those reading without the Performance trigger are far below the norm for a Gen 5 Glock.

These readings posted by Advanced Laser.

Can you post your results for comparison ?

Attached is the link to Glock's site. THEY measure the stock Glock Gen 5 trigger as 4 pounds 5 ounces. I'd guess we got 4.2 because w measured at the end of the trigger not the middle.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have worked on more far more than 100 Glocks and I have never seen a OEM Gen 5 Glock trigger pull as low as 4lbs. 2oz.
    Maybe it is my trigger gauge but reading near the center of the trigger my reading are always well above 5lbs.
    Of course reading near the bottom of the trigger gives you a lower number than actual trigger pull weight.
    As long as you always use the same placement you can measure the actual improvement.

My new trigger has not arrived.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I have worked on more far more than 100 Glocks and I have never seen a OEM Gen 5 Glock trigger pull as low as 4lbs. 2oz.
    Maybe it is my trigger gauge but reading near the center of the trigger my reading are always well above 5lbs.
    Of course reading near the bottom of the trigger gives you a lower number than actual trigger pull weight.
    As long as you always use the small placement you can measure the actual improvement.

My new trigger has not arrived.
    Have you considered emailing Glock to let them know they are posting the wrong data on their guns, and you have better results than them ?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    A better way would be for me to pull out the trigger safety (was hard to defeat it with the gauge rod) and then measure bottom and middle of the trigger for an average.

But as you said, no matter the methodology used, it shows there is improvement. How much of a numerical change there is seems correct, if the testing remains the same.

Top Bottom