New Glock Trigger.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Finally received my order from Glock today all to open it and not have any triggers in it. I called Glock and they said it was shipping in two separate packages but could not provide a tracking. I’m not trying to bash them but I wouldn’t order anything from them directly again. It would have been a lot quicker ordering elsewhere.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I installed the new Glock trigger today and the trigger pull weight is comparable to an Apex trigger when installing the same connector and springs in each pistol.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just checked the trigger pull on one of my Gen 5 9mm Range Glocks with aftermarket trigger components.
    Measurements were taken from the lower part of the trigger which is easier to average.
    10 pull average was 3# 3oz.
    It would be several oz. higher from the center of the trigger.
    I had a Johnny Glocks trigger that averaged 2# 10 oz. when measured the same way.
    I will measure the new Glock trigger the same way and report here.
    The new Glock trigger with a minus connector and same springs as above averages 3# 2 oz. when pulling from the bottom.
    Pulling from center would add several ounces to the trigger pull weight.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have worked on more far more than 100 Glocks and I have never seen a OEM Gen 5 Glock trigger pull as low as 4lbs. 2oz.
    Maybe it is my trigger gauge but reading near the center of the trigger my reading are always well above 5lbs.
    Of course reading near the bottom of the trigger gives you a lower number than actual trigger pull weight.
    As long as you always use the same placement you can measure the actual improvement.

My new trigger has not arrived.
    On anything other than a 1911 type straight pull trigger I don't believe pull weight can be accurately measured in less than 1 pound increments. My 1911's measure to within 1/10 pound every time, If I can get repeatability within 1 pound with my Glocks I consider it good.
    There is too much variability in the swinging trigger in regard to point of contact and angle of pull. You can measure the change between one trigger and another but actual pull weight not so much.
    To the shooter pull weight is subjective. I would like to have a glove with a pressure sensor in the trigger finger tip to measure the force the shooter is applying.
    I would like to see Glock's setup used to measure trigger pull.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    On anything other than a 1911 type straight pull trigger I don't believe pull weight can be accurately measured in less than 1 pound increments. My 1911's measure to within 1/10 pound every time, If I can get repeatability within 1 pound with my Glocks I consider it good.
    There is too much variability in the swinging trigger in regard to point of contact and angle of pull. You can measure the change between one trigger and another but actual pull weight not so much.
    To the shooter pull weight is subjective. I would like to have a glove with a pressure sensor in the trigger finger tip to measure the force the shooter is applying.
    I would like to see Glock's setup used to measure trigger pull.
    I agree with pull weight being subjective. You can have a 1911 with a crisp "breaks like glass" 5 lb trigger, and it will feel lighter than a mushy 4 pound Glock trigger-to me anyway.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Ahh finally my triggers have arrived! ( at least I hope so) I plan on opening up the package when I get home and installing one into my gen 5 34. I may put another in a gen 3’or 4 but haven’t really decided on a home for the other two yet. I suppose I’ll make that decision after shooting the 34 with the new trigger in it a couple times first.

NOTE: These are sold as Gen5 triggers from Glock. I’m not advocating or advising anyone to try one in gen 1-4. If you want to know how it’s done and can’t figure it out by just looking at the two assemblies a couple videos on YouTube and rumble showing how to do so by competent gun smiths/ certified armorers already exist. If you are searching on YouTube it may take awhile since YouTube attempts to censor out basically all firearms content.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Thanks for posting the pictures.
    No problem at all. These don’t ship with the triggers and I couldn’t find them by just googling. I used duck duck go and was able to find them pretty easily. Here’s the actual link.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    So I had the opportunity to install the Glock Performance Trigger in a Glock 17 Gen 5 today. I also installed it in conjunction with a Glock OEM Minus Connector. The results are below.

I installed the parts at Reulet Gusmith and we measured them with an electronic trigger pull gauge. We measured at the bottom of the trigger after the gauge defeated the trigger safety, so this furthest from fulcrum point location may give a different reading than someone measuring at the center of the trigger, but the results should be nominal. We approximated data over multiple pulls of each configuration.

Glock 17 Gen 5 stock OEM "dot" trigger - approx 4 pounds 2 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with OEM Glock Minus Connector - approx 4 pounds 0 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with Glock Performance trigger - approx 3 pounds 8 ounces

Glock 17 Gen 5 with Glock Performance trigger and OEM Minus Connector - approx 3 pounds 5 ounces

It would be in your best interest to have a Certified Glock Armorer install this part. YouTube is not an OEM certification. When you cant figure out why it will only fire once, and not reset...I told you so.

My personal feelings are this is an amazing trigger from a major manufacturer. I am really pleased with only the Performance Trigger installed. There is almost no overtravel and trigger feel from front to back is consistent. For a reciprocating trigger this is a very nice improvement, and will be a serious contender to the aftermarket triggers that are commonly used. Its also a factory OEM part now, which mean the warranty will be supported.

Hope this helps. I will be posting a video of both triggers being pulled, and up close comparison pics, on Advanced Laser's instagram.
    This is literally a drop in assembly my guy. We’re talking Glocks here not some complex machine. What part exactly did you have trouble with?

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    From what I see it brings Glock inline with other striker fired guns in that the striker is held at full cock after the slide cycles instead of being brought to full cock by pulling the trigger.

I'd take a guess from this new action style that the performance trigger would not be compatible with the Langdon SCD?

If anyone happens to have both products on hand (maybe @AdvancedLaser or @JBP55?) could you check the compatibility?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just dropped one in my g34. As I suspected it’s so easy a chimp can do it. If you want to change the connector or if the rubber band comes apart during shipping look at the link or pictures I posted above. If you don’t connect it properly your trigger won’t reset properly however i did not run into that issue. It’s pretty easy to tell if it’s properly connected or not.

As it came from Glock I’m getting an average of a 3.6lb trigger pull pulling from near the bottom/center of the trigger. It’s hard to get a decent pull with the trigger safety I had it slip a couple of times. All of my Glocks are 100% oem with the exception of sights.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    This is literally a drop in assembly my guy. We’re talking Glocks here not some complex machine. What part exactly did you have trouble with?
    Take the trigger bar out of the housing and put it back in. Then tell me its drop in....my guy.

Despite the rubber band the trigger bar was not properly in place out the box, my guy.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Take the trigger bar out of the housing and put it back in. Then tell me its drop in....my guy.

Despite the rubber band the trigger bar was not properly in place out the box, my guy.
    I actually took one apart completely before putting it into my 19 last night. I tried it with a minus connector but decided to keep the connector that came with the trigger in it. It’s fairly simple to do if you look at the picture I posted above. Don’t get upset because you tried making installation sound complex because you had issues. Was it that or were you just trying to drive in business to charge an instillation fee?

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Incase you were still having issues, here’s a bubba gunsmith who explains how it’s done.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I actually took one apart completely before putting it into my 19 last night. I tried it with a minus connector but decided to keep the connector that came with the trigger in it. It’s fairly simple to do if you look at the picture I posted above. Don’t get upset because you tried making installation sound complex because you had issues. Was it that or were you just trying to drive in business to charge an instillation fee?
    I dont have to drive business at all. It just calls me. Already sold and installed the three I had, and have one appointment to install another. I could made a side business of just fixing Glocks that wont run or eject because the gunshop, or owner, used the wrong size screws for the optic and it freezes the EDP in place. Thats a pretty popular one.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    What's EDP mean in this context? I'm about to mount my first dot tonight.

Also is vc-3 (threadmate) ok or just snake oil? I have some coming in today.
    Extractor Depressor Plunger.
    You can see the tip of it on the right side of the gun behind the extractor. Its silver.
    They use the long (wrong) screws and it binds it in place, preventing extraction.
    YouTube is not a substitute for actual training.

Most of the sights come with the proper screws, and on the screws is a blue coating, already applied, to prevent loosening.
    Just remember to use an inch pound torque wrench to the manufacturers specs. Dont overtighten so they pop later.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Extractor Depressor Plunger.
    You can see the tip of it on the right side of the gun behind the extractor. Its silver.
    They use the long (wrong) screws and it binds it in place, preventing extraction.
    YouTube is not a substitute for actual training.

Most of the sights come with the proper screws, and on the screws is a blue coating, already applied, to prevent loosening.
    Just remember to use an inch pound torque wrench to the manufacturers specs. Dont overtighten so they pop later.
    Thanks for typing that all out.

(FYI if anyone is looking for t10 screws, mcmastercarr and MCS has them. They are in boxes of 50 and 100.)

Top Bottom