New Guy question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe504glock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Metairie
    I know this is a total new guy question but how do you pm with offers, I’ve only been able to reply to the thread that has the firearm for sale, not to the seller privately. Also what does ftf stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ftf = face to face (in person meeting), and to pm someone click on their name and hit start conversation. Common, best recommended place for ftf transactions are usually going to be an FFL (gun store) of you're mutual agreement, Cabela's or bass pro parking lot (I've met several people off this forum there), etc.... Generally a public place where you can be discreet but is also not a place full of snowflakes that may freak out if they happen to catch a glimpse of a weapon.

joe504glock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Metairie
    Thanks for the good advice! You have also helped me a lot today getting started. I think the reason I couldn’t pm was that I still need to hit my 10 posts. I will definitely make sure to meet people in a public but gun friendly area. You don’t need to do an FFL for a private party sale in LA right? It is a good idea though

joe504glock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Metairie
    Glad to hear about the “cash and carry” I love that level of freedom. Just out of curiosity, what are your favorite places to buy ammo in the Nola area. I’ve been going to academy but they don’t have the best selection (let’s go Brandon)

joe504glock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Metairie
    Good to know, I was in Academy today and it was kind of a desert. Either expense or non existent. Only Decent deal was $3 boxes of Aguilla .22lr

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Go check out the Cut Off Range complex that opened. Hes got a lot of ammo and you can shoot it right there :)

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Gretna Gun Works is where I go if I absolutely cannot wait for ammo. Best bet is online or here. You can always put out a WTB post and someone will normally have what your looking for. I live on the westbank. Happy trails partner!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom