New LAPD Duty Pistol.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I started out as a cop at the twilight of the revolver era and after the academy I was issued a Glock 21 and took the transition course. Great pistol. No complaints. It did what I needed it to do when I needed it the most.
    Over the years I carried the 21 as well as the Glock 17 and 22. I changed departments to one that allowed one to carry and approved duty pistol you had to purchase. I stuck with a Glock. I did get to observe fellow cops carry a lot of different makes, models and calibers as well as cops from other agencies in the area I worked. One thing I noticed is that pretty much they're all good duty pistols, reliable and plenty accurate enough and really the one defining factor above anything else is the person shooting it. Cops are as varied as the rest of society and some are natural shooters, some not. Some respond to training, some don't. It's been a few years now since I last wore a badge and a duty belt, but I can guarantee you could pick out at random ten different issued pistols from ten different agencies around the US and I could pass their qualification course with ease and I would probably not find that much difference between the accuracy of any of the models and I'm sure they would all function 100% reliably for me.

Top Bottom