New marijuana law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Meh. Depends on the skill level you have to have. I know some people are getting hammered by the lack of "qualified" employees available, but it is an employees market right now. The pendulum will swing back the other way one day.
    My issue is people being dependable and having a positive attitude, besides that I’ll work with and teach anyone regardless of how slow they learn.

Gofastdontcrash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2022
    Nola
    The real question is how can a person get a medical marijuana card and yet still fail a drug test and be fired? Hopefully federal legalization happens and folks who benefit from the plant get to do so without repercussions.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The real question is how can a person get a medical marijuana card and yet still fail a drug test and be fired? Hopefully federal legalization happens and folks who benefit from the plant get to do so without repercussions.
    “Most employees” can be fired for any reason at anytime in Louisiana.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    our police officers are the worst trained in the world. There is NO test available to tell when the last time someone smoked, Smelling Cannabis in a car is like smelling tobacco in a car, if someone was in a smokey bar, they are going to smell like tobacco, the same if a person is at a party, concert, etc. if there was a lot of cannabis used, your clothes may be high but not necessarily YOU. And cops just love to abuse their "power". Smelling anything is meaningless and proves nothing
    Well that's a major generalization there...

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    Is anyone concerned that the FFL 4473 form asks about pot and other illegal drugs?
    So if you answer your a user they give you your gun or if you lie about using your guilty of false information?

Remember
    "they're coming to get you Barbara"

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Is anyone concerned that the FFL 4473 form asks about pot and other illegal drugs?
    So if you answer your a user they give you your gun or if you lie about using your guilty of false information?

Remember
    There should be more concerns towards the psychiatric treatments even down to the primary care physicians that wrote more legal pharmaceutical prescriptions from 2020 to present day that affect many-many more are checking “NO” on the form than marijuana.

Actually the piddly questions that on 4473 aren’t squat compared to the FAA documents that are easily 80% falsely signed every year and there are plenty other documents of application that are a roll of the dice for someone to get caught.

A lot of the questions asked in this series of posts are just the “Poking the Bear” mentality rather than just focusing on doing the right thing with the laws that are passed to provide or protect. Not focused at you, but the constant mentions by others of Bad Cops but nobody ever talks about Negligent Firemen, Engineers, PHYSICIANS and many others that almost never appear in the news yet they’ve killed or affected many more humans than law enforcement.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    our police officers are the worst trained in the world. There is NO test available to tell when the last time someone smoked, Smelling Cannabis in a car is like smelling tobacco in a car, if someone was in a smokey bar, they are going to smell like tobacco, the same if a person is at a party, concert, etc. if there was a lot of cannabis used, your clothes may be high but not necessarily YOU. And cops just love to abuse their "power". Smelling anything is meaningless and proves nothing

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well that's a major generalization there...

He’s another one that’s always like that. He probably got rejected by a department so now he hates the police.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    He’s another one that’s always like that. He probably got rejected by a department so now he hates the police.

He sounds as if he has evaluated the police worldwide?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Remember
    Quote from the 4473:
    “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.”

Pretty clear there is no legal use or possession of pot in the USA. Medical pot card or not a user should check yes, pretty sure you won’t get an approval tho.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    If you are smoking a doobie in your car I suggest that you also eat a lot of beans before you start your journey. When you see the pretty blue lights behind you let one rip just before you lower your window. Problem solved.

SouthernInsanity

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 31, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The fact that marijuana was ever illegal in the first place is absurd. The fact that marijuana is used as a way to make warrantless contacts, searches and seizures is evil. This can also apply to any other substance, in my personal opinion. If the state really cared about addicts or the prevention of addicts, they would not profit off their misery, they would not be complicit in the trafficking of addictive substances, and they would not use prison as rehabilitation.
    I do not have the answer to the legality of drugs or how to prevent drug addiction, but what I do have is enough sense to know that the system that we have is used against the people, not for the people.
    So, this is a win. This will put a small dent in the war on drugs and any progress in that direction will always be positive.
    I think the fact that some people can't go thru life without it is absurd. I get it, there are those that benefit from it from a medical perspective.... but the average pot head, please. I like to drink... beer, liquor, mixed drinks, shots.... but I guess I'm lucky in the fact that i ENJOY drinking, but i DON'T HAVE TO have it.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I think the fact that some people can't go thru life without it is absurd. I get it, there are those that benefit from it from a medical perspective.... but the average pot head, please. I like to drink... beer, liquor, mixed drinks, shots.... but I guess I'm lucky in the fact that i ENJOY drinking, but i DON'T HAVE TO have it.
    It's none of my business what someone else wants to do with their own body, on their own time. I'm not here to judge anyone for doing anything that does not directly affect me or anyone else.
    The only reason alcohol is more socially acceptable than weed or any other intoxicant, is because our totally not corrupt government made it legal. It certainly has nothing to do with the dangers of alcohol itself, because it is one of the most potentially destructive substances available.
    I'm guessing your reply was mostly directed at addicts. You say you have never been addicted to anything, that's a good thing and I pray that no one has to find out first hand what that is like.
    Your life story is not a copy and paste from everyone else's. There are many reasons why people fall into addiction, and many of those people might be people you would never dream of using drugs. They might be your kids, your grandkids, your friends, and so on. Don't be so quick to judge because life has a funny way of educating people sometimes.

No one is addicted to weed, no one has to have it. Can't say the same about alcohol. Regardless, it doesn't matter, need or want, it does not matter. What we choose to put in our own body is none of the governments business.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    In all fairness the Left thinks the fact that some people can't go thru life without owning guns is absurd…..

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ……
    The only reason alcohol is more socially acceptable than weed or any other intoxicant, is because our totally not corrupt government made it legal. ……
    No one is addicted to weed, no one has to have it. Can't say the same about alcohol. Regardless, it doesn't matter, need or want, it does not matter. What we choose to put in our own body is none of the governments business.
    You are correct, it’s been medically proven that marijuana doesn’t cause physical addiction or withdrawal symptoms when a habitual user suddenly stops using. Alcohol, on the other hand, can be brutal. In my work, I have seen untold numbers of everyday people come into the hospital and within a day or two go into full blown delirium tremens and it’s not pretty. I’ve seen fatalities directly associated with it.
    I’m talking about DT’s. You all likely know at least one person who simply would not be ok for a couple of days without some ETOH. I don’t think there’s a week that goes by that we don’t have one in our unit on DT watch.
    We ask every person on admission about their drinking/smoking/drug habits for that one simple reason. To know beforehand if we should expect withdrawals. Some tell us and some don’t. On the whole, a much higher percentage of heroin addicts will tell me about their habit before an alcoholic will divulge their secret. I believe they do because they are more honest about their addiction than most alcoholics. Heroin is not socially acceptable or legal, but alcohol is. So why hide it? Hmmm…
    I’ve learned to expect withdrawals from anyone who admits to “just on the weekends” because I’ve also learned that many of those generally aren’t being truthful and start having withdrawals. Some even have a friend bring alcohol in before they’ll admit to having an issue.
    Ask anyone in healthcare and they’ll likely have a few stories.
    I’ve seen the effects of alcohol on the public. It’s not pretty. Weed ain’t $hit compared to whiskey or beer. Alcohol kills way more people than weed ever will. Liver and other organ failure and innocents killed in alcohol related accidents in the US alone add up to way more deaths than any associated with the entire weed industry worldwide. And that gateway thing, think about how many addicts got their first buzz on alcohol vs weed….
    On a side note, cigarette smoking, tobacco chewing and dipping, even cigar smoking, all way more addictive than pot will ever be.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom