New marijuana law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cripsol

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    Dallas
    We teach LA CHP classes and that question of "your vehicle as an extension of your home" is asked often.

We asked several attorneys to cite a Louisiana Revised Statue (LRS) that defines that phrase so we could share it with our students and no one could do so.

We think that some casualty insurance policies treat automobiles as extensions of the of the home for coverage purposes but that is not enshrined in the law.

Does anyone have a LRS cite that would clarify that exact statement?
    That statement is an overgeneralization of La. R.S. 14:20(4)(a). You're welcome.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    … it’s been medically proven that marijuana doesn’t cause physical addiction or withdrawal symptoms when a habitual user suddenly stops using...

First, let me state that I don’t care what what habits are exercised in private and in a setting where there is no risk to others.

But actually there is new data that HAS shown that marijuana can be addictive. The term used is “marijuana use disorder.”

The CDC, Betty Ford Institute and others estimate that approximately 3 in 10 people who use marijuana have “marijuana use disorder,” the primary symptom being dependence. Studies suggest that 9% or more users will develop dependence, and perhaps 17% if the usage began before age 18.

A search for “marijuana addiction” will provide several sources.

The newest announcement indicates that cognitive decline can result from long term use.

EMPLOYMENT: There have been reports from Colorado about people getting fired because they tested positive for THC. The employees assumed that since the Colorado law change, it was OK. However, they forgot that it was not OK with the employer. So far, the firings have been successful. The employers offered copies of employment documents signed by the employee.

The same kind of dilemma has happened with “medical users” in employment testing. People have also gotten in trouble after bringing weed into National Parks.

Of course, don’t even think about having it and attempting international travel, including Canada. While using it in Canada was decriminalized, bringing it into Canada is considered “drug trafficking.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    First, let me state that I don’t care what what habits are exercised in private and in a setting where there is no risk to others.

But actually there is new data that HAS shown that marijuana can be addictive. The term used is “marijuana use disorder.”

The CDC, Betty Ford Institute and others estimate that approximately 3 in 10 people who use marijuana have “marijuana use disorder,” the primary symptom being dependence. Studies suggest that 9% or more users will develop dependence, and perhaps 17% if the usage began before age 18.

The newest announcement indicates that cognitive decline can result from long term use.

EMPLOYMENT: There have been reports from Colorado about people getting fired because they tested positive for THC. The employees assumed that since the Colorado law change, it was OK. However, they forgot that it was not OK with the employer. So far, the firings have been successful. The employers offered copies of employment documents signed by the employee.

The same kind of dilemma has happened with “medical users” in employment testing. People have also gotten in trouble after bringing weed into National Parks.

Of course, don’t even think about having it and attempting international travel, including Canada. While using it in Canada was decriminalized, bringing it into Canada is considered “drug trafficking.”

Caffeine is also addictive, and will cause basically the same side effects that are listed for "marijuana use disorder".
    They come up with a name like that because it is not very physically addicting, if at all.

Too much of anything is bad for you, and can even kill you, or be addicting in some form or fashion.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Physical addiction and withdrawal symptoms. These are the key points I was trying to convey. Addiction, if you want to call it that, is a dependence on something, be it physical, psychological or some degree of both.
    Any substance on the planet (if you want to call them drugs) can cause many degrees of psychological dependence, even sugar and caffeine. My comments weren’t to advocate for marijuana, but to instead state that there are legal substances much worse. Tobacco is the most common substance to cause both psychological and physical dependence. Even nicotine causes physical withdrawals. Did you know that methamphetamine dependence is primarily psychological? Those who stop don’t have much in the way of physical withdrawal symptoms when they stop. Many also use heroin and have terrible withdrawal symptoms when they stop that. Anyway, Good points in your post.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Using cannabis in mid-20s damages brain development, expert warns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Volkow pointed to studies suggesting that taking cannabis regularly, in high doses or over a long period may lead to problems with brain development — lowering IQs — and psychosis — where someone struggles to interpret reality."

I believe that describes some of the people here.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Using cannabis in mid-20s damages brain development, expert warns

So does alcohol, but worse. Yet, it's legal? What's your point? Anything that is abused will cause harm.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    "Volkow pointed to studies suggesting that taking cannabis regularly, in high doses or over a long period may lead to problems with brain development — lowering IQs — and psychosis — where someone struggles to interpret reality."

You talking about the ones that are willing to see through the ******** of mainstream society? You don't have to smoke weed for that, you just need some critical thinking ability and a little courage to accept that things aren't the way they have always been portrayed.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

This should go over well lol…..

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You talking about the ones that are willing to see through the ******** of mainstream society? You don't have to smoke weed for that, you just need some critical thinking ability and a little courage to accept that things aren't the way they have always been portrayed.
    It was sarcasm, one of my many talents. If someone feels that statement is about them specifically, perhaps that person could explore why others would see him/her/<insert gender> as being psychotic with a low iq. If someone feels the statement is not about them, they could likely just laugh it off as the sarcastic comment it was meant to be.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Guilty conscious

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So does alcohol, but worse. Yet, it's legal? What's your point? Anything that is abused will cause harm.
    Facts. And don’t forget what it does to the rest of the body. I’ll say it again, alcohol kills way more people. Directly, indirectly, however you want to measure. Key take away should be moderation. Excess anything can get you a bad net. Just look at what over eating has done to some people. Video games? Bad thumbs and murderous tendencies.
    I think the biggest hypocrisy is that surrounding tobacco vs marijuana. 100 years ago, 2 cash crops exist. Today, the one that has been proven to kill more people than smallpox is the one that’s legal…go figure.
    Again, I’m not advocating for weed. Just flagging the bool$hit.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Facts. And don’t forget what it does to the rest of the body. I’ll say it again, alcohol kills way more people. Directly, indirectly, however you want to measure. Key take away should be moderation. Excess anything can get you a bad net. Just look at what over eating has done to some people. Video games? Bad thumbs and murderous tendencies.
    I think the biggest hypocrisy is that surrounding tobacco vs marijuana. 100 years ago, 2 cash crops exist. Today, the one that has been proven to kill more people than smallpox is the one that’s legal…go figure.
    Again, I’m not advocating for weed. Just flagging the bool$hit.
    When you have the power to shape the laws, you have the power to shape society. With the propaganda media machine at full disposal, it's not that hard to get the general population to move in a certain direction and have them cheer for laws that are aimed at them and demonize those who don't agree.
    People like to have some perceived moral superiority though and they will ride that horse until it's dead.
    Like you said, hypocrisy at it's finest.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Cannabis use jumps by 20% in states where it has been legalized: study

I love how they hyper focus on the minute fractions of dumbasses that abuse things in order to make a case of why something is bad and therefore society as a whole cannot be responsible enough to make their own decisions of what should or shouldn't go into their own bodies.
    Also, the current atmosphere around marijuana, and even society as a whole, is bound to produce more negative statistics in general.
    Another thing is, the market is largely unregulated. There are a bounty of counterfeit and synthetic products that make their way into the hands of people and cause harm or even death. People may think they are getting a genuine, natural product and end up getting sick or having some kind of reaction to it and then marijuana gets the blame.

It's a plant, a plant that has been used beneficially for thousands of years. No amount of modern propaganda or laws will change that. Some people are stupid, stupid is as stupid does. Society as a whole should not be represented, and therefore governed, by the actions of stupid people.

Top Bottom