New Orleans Air Show 2022

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    The air show is this weekend at the NAS JRB in Belle Chasse, Saturday and Sunday, Blue Angels will be there. I have so many fond memories of going when I was a kid with my dad who was in the LA air national guard. Working just across the Canal from the base on Engineers Rd. I love getting a preview of the show. Haven't seen anyone else post about it so I figured I would. Reserve tickets for the VIP area are being sold at neworleansairshow.com , Should be fun!

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I have similar fond memories from my dad taking me as a kid. When I joined the military out of high school, I selected an aviation job due in large part to those memories (as well as watching Top Gun too many times). I was lucky enough to land a sweet gig as an aircrewman on C-130s while in the military and look forward to taking my kids to the airshow this weekend.

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    I have similar fond memories from my dad taking me as a kid. When I joined the military out of high school, I selected an aviation job due in large part to those memories (as well as watching Top Gun too many times). I was lucky enough to land a sweet gig as an aircrewman on C-130s while in the military and look forward to taking my kids to the airshow this weekend.
    Good stuff man. Thank you for your service. My dad did weapons load crew on A-10s and always had a fondness for them that he passed to me. Just love seeing an A-10 on the ground or the air. Probably be Saturday afternoon for me. My 5 year old isn't fond of extremely loud environments for a long period. Just trying to catch the later performers and the Angels hopefully.

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Any know what time the blue angles preform?
    they don't give the exact times of the performances, it says the show is from 10am-4pm with gates opening at 8am. If I had to take a guess by the practices they've been doing I would say 2:30-3:00pm?

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Roadie, thank your Dad for me. My memory is waiting in traffic to get in when the La ANG passed over the car. We never seen them coming. They where flying F-4 Phantoms & passed over head at treetop level when they lit the Afterburners!!! It scared the Shieft out of us! That Was Great!

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Roadie, thank your Dad for me. My memory is waiting in traffic to get in when the La ANG passed over the car. We never seen them coming. They where flying F-4 Phantoms & passed over head at treetop level when they lit the Afterburners!!! It scared the Shieft out of us! That Was Great!
    Sadly, dad passed a few years ago. I will still extend those thanks in my prayers. I can't wait to do the same thing my dad and I did with my son. He already reminds me of myself as a kid so I think he'll love it!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    The air show is this weekend at the NAS JRB in Belle Chasse, Saturday and Sunday, Blue Angels will be there. I have so many fond memories of going when I was a kid with my dad who was in the LA air national guard. Working just across the Canal from the base on Engineers Rd. I love getting a preview of the show. Haven't seen anyone else post about it so I figured I would. Reserve tickets for the VIP area are being sold at neworleansairshow.com , Should be fun!
    A long time ago I worked P.D.N.O. 1802 Engineer's road. In the week or two leading up to the air show, it got LOUD around there.

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Kids had a blast and the angels were amazing as always. The engines didn't even bother my little ones ears. My kids really enjoyed seeing the Humvees and the planes. Yall go check it out and enjoy the show! My son is still talking about it!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

CuradoRoy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I really enjoyed this airshow!

mjc1677

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Plaquemine, LA
    We went and had a great time. I was able to meet up with another military vehicle enthusiast and we were able to get our trucks on the flight line and display them. I be I had several hundred people come by and climb in and take pictures. I hope to be able to do it again next year
    airshow 1.jpg
    airshow 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom