New Orleans Area Gunsmith??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I know this isnt a "Range" question, but i think it fits the catergory. Im looking for a gunsmith in the New Orleans metro area who is really familiar with the Black Rifle. Ill even travel to b.r. or northshore if i find someone who specializes in them. Thanks.

nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    im looking for a Larue FF rail system to be installed along with a Noveske KX3 flash suppressor.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I've got all the tools necessary, and am in the middle of a pair of 6.8 spc builds, so if you want to get together I should be able to swap the rail and mount the FH for you, if you want. Drop me an e-mail. :)

Edit to add:
    Darn, how is this my first post? I posted a greeting in the new members forum?

Last edited:

nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I've got all the tools necessary, and am in the middle of a pair of 6.8 spc builds, so if you want to get together I should be able to swap the rail and mount the FH for you, if you want. Drop me an e-mail. :)

Edit to add:
    Darn, how is this my first post? I posted a greeting in the new members forum?

thanks for the offer, i was able to hookup with my dept armorer who helped me out. ill post some pics soon.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Cool. I didn't realize that your origional post was almost two months ago (I'm used to AR15, where posts fall off after 15 minutes or so).

BRest

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2007
    Upper question for chibajoe

I've got all the tools necessary.

I've got a Alexander Arms billet upper on my Colt AR15. The upper has very tight tolerances. One must heat the upper before the barrel ext. can be put in and tightened.

Do you know of an easy (relative) way to remove barrel? Heating again? If not, I guess I'll have to call Alexander again.

Thanks.

Roy Allain

PS: What does "Chiba" joe mean. Unusual moniker. BTW, I live in Harvey, La. (Maplewood).

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    No one ever answered the original question: Is there a gunsmith left in N.O.?

A-1 on W. Esplanade closed before the storm. Maurey from Shooter's left, though I don't know where he went. There was a guy in St Bernard that worked out of his house, but I'm sure he's gone...

Anything left?

jhh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2006
    River Ridge
    I'd like to know as well - I picked up a Springfield Milspec 1911 yesterday at that show in Gonzales, and I despise the sights that are on it - plus I'd like to do some mostly cosmetic things as well (case hardened finish, more checkering, etc).

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Night sights on my S&W 469 (dovetail cut on the front sight) mainly.
    Also, I just inherited a French Lebel revolver. It needs some parts manufactured just to get up to functional. I'm trying to get them from Numrich but they're still looking...

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    brent @ h&h gunsmith in frankilton!! ill have to get u the number later today

call him and see if he can do it, if not let me know and there is a place in mandeville that you can drop it off and he will pick it up

jhh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2006
    River Ridge
    Any luck getting that number? I'm pretty eager to get started on my new 1911 project.

Here it is, in it's current form:

DSC_0031.jpg

Top Bottom