new regulation at Sherburne?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    My grandson and I went to the Sherburne range on Sunday. One of the folks shooting mentioned a new law requiring a special use permit. And according to the sign at the gate this was passed effective July 22 2022. Don't we get taxed enough without adding more.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Don't we get taxed enough without adding more.
    It depends, if you are a politician or worse a government bureaucrat there will never be enough taxes.

If you are over 60 I think you are covered with the Senior license. Please check to be certain. (Click on "License and Permit Types and Fees")

These are the regulations on the permits

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    IS the permit in addition to the need for any license now?
    I think so depending on what you have. I can’t find license called special use permit but I think the WMA access permit is maybe what you need. Which is included in some license.
    IMG_0500.jpeg

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    As I read it , my Senior Hunt/Fish license is all I need as long as I do the Self Clearing Permit thing .

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    My grandson and I went to the Sherburne range on Sunday.
    You are far braver than I am! I last went there years ago and there were too many idiots playing with guns that shouldn't be. I about got into a fight with a punk who was playing with his "unloaded" rifle while range was Cold and I was checking targets. Not worth it to me.

SpartanSoul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You are far braver than I am! I last went there years ago and there were too many idiots playing with guns that shouldn't be. I about got into a fight with a punk who was playing with his "unloaded" rifle while range was Cold and I was checking targets. Not worth it to me.

It can be a mess on the weekends. If you go during the week it's fine, I've had the place to myself. Also the hotter it gets it seems to scare the crazies away.

Top Bottom