New restaurant: Le Creole

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I had it this weekend. In one word: Amazing.

It is a very nice looking restaurant. Looks like something you would find in nola. The staff was extremely nice and professional.

As for the food. They homemade butter and bread they serve, for free, is astounding. There really is no need for an appetizer it is so good.

Some of the choice include:
    Frog Legs
    Turtle Soup
    Boudin Spring Rolls (appetizer)
    Rabbit
    Quail (my choice)
    All kind of fish
    and the list goes on.

As you can see, it mixes fine dining with local favorites at an affordable price.

The appetizers are all around 10 dollars, plus or minus a few. The entree's ranged between 18-50 with the average in the low twenties.

I had the quail. It was served in a black iron skillet with lima beans and smoked hamhock in it. The cornbread was in the shape of an waffle. It was very filling, and i had to force myself to finish it all.

Then came desert. I chose the bread pudding with a white chocolate sauce. It could be one of the best I ever had. For only ~6 dollars it was very worth it.

All in all, great place and they will be getting my business a lot in the future. I got out of there spending only less than sixty dollars. I had Two entrees, two drinks, dessert, and coffee. Not bad at all if you ask me.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I had it this weekend. In one word: Amazing.

It is a very nice looking restaurant. Looks like something you would find in nola. The staff was extremely nice and professional.

As for the food. They homemade butter and bread they serve, for free, is astounding. There really is no need for an appetizer it is so good.

Some of the choice include:
    Frog Legs
    Turtle Soup
    Boudin Spring Rolls (appetizer)
    Rabbit
    Quail (my choice)
    All kind of fish
    and the list goes on.

As you can see, it mixes fine dining with local favorites at an affordable price.

The appetizers are all around 10 dollars, plus or minus a few. The entree's ranged between 18-50 with the average in the low twenties.

I had the quail. It was served in a black iron skillet with lima beans and smoked hamhock in it. The cornbread was in the shape of an waffle. It was very filling, and i had to force myself to finish it all.

Then came desert. I chose the bread pudding with a white chocolate sauce. It could be one of the best I ever had. For only ~6 dollars it was very worth it.

All in all, great place and they will be getting my business a lot in the future. I got out of there spending only less than sixty dollars. I had Two entrees, two drinks, dessert, and coffee. Not bad at all if you ask me.

Where is this place?

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Everyone at my office was hoping that it would be a decent lunch place. We're woefully short of lunch eateries in the area but Le Creole is way to pricy for lunch.

Glad to hear it's a good dinner place. It got a good review in The Advocate a few weeks ago.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Everyone at my office was hoping that it would be a decent lunch place. We're woefully short of lunch eateries in the area but Le Creole is way to pricy for lunch.

Glad to hear it's a good dinner place. It got a good review in The Advocate a few weeks ago.

You work around the area? I do as well. It is pricey for lunch. Its more of a place you would go for dinner on a weekend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom