New Rifle Suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Let’s say someone has a few different styles of AR’s in their collection that covers multiple aspects of the tacticool realm of the hobby… They have 24 hours to figure out what they want with let’s say a $2000 max budget to either buy a nice new AR in 223 Wylde, a Sig Cross, or Ruger Precision both in 308. Or go in a different direction all together and get a nice LPVO or even an ACOG with RMR on top….?

What is the ultimate option when it comes to an AR or AR type bolt action within the allotted price range? Better yet, do you keep what you have and spruce up that optic???

Trying to get ideas for my son’s birthday…. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Daniel Defense AR

I have a Sig Cross, and I love it. It excels at what it's good at, but it's really only a lightweight, suppressed hunting rifle. Again, really good in that role but not that great in any other role.

Ruger Precisions don't seem like a good deal to me anymore with better options out there.

I also think you can never go wrong with quality optics. Some people are big into them, but other people don't care about putting $100 Chinese optic on a $2000 rifle.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Ok, he his 22 years old, works for the Sheriffs Office, and has plenty of AR’s…. That’s why I’m trying to look for something different lol…

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’d give him the 2k with the agreement he has to put it towards a gun or in savings. Let him pick what he wants and y’all go through the journey together. I’d be absolutely stoked if my pops told me as a gift he’s going to give me a 2k budget to put together a decent rifle.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’d give him the 2k with the agreement he has to put it towards a gun or in savings. Let him pick what he wants and y’all go through the journey together. I’d be absolutely stoked if my pops told me as a gift he’s going to give me a 2k budget to put together a decent rifle.
    Lol yea, my dad never did anything like this for me… I try to be what I didn’t have… Don’t get me wrong, I love my dad but he is more on the greedy side…. My boy gets way more than I have ever gotten…. But I believe in treating others how you want to be treated…

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Let’s say someone has a few different styles of AR’s in their collection that covers multiple aspects of the tacticool realm of the hobby… They have 24 hours to figure out what they want with let’s say a $2000 max budget to either buy a nice new AR in 223 Wylde, a Sig Cross, or Ruger Precision both in 308. Or go in a different direction all together and get a nice LPVO or even an ACOG with RMR on top….?

What is the ultimate option when it comes to an AR or AR type bolt action within the allotted price range? Better yet, do you keep what you have and spruce up that optic???

Trying to get ideas for my son’s birthday…. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks
    if you want to shoot 0-500 you already have what you need if you have multiple ar's. a 1-6 optic if you dont already have one is all you need. Trijicon credo with the 223 bdc reticle (SFP) has a daylight bright red dot that is as crisp as an aimpoint ( and can be used as an aimpoint on 1x) and the glass is excellent for the pricepoint ~750-800 all day long on the net,...a 3.5# CMC single stage trigger can be had for ~$175,..these 2 additions will literally transform ANY ar into a shooting machine...if I were you, I would just focus on setting up one of my rifles the way I want to use it and go use it ..if you want to make changes then do that, no need to go buy a new rifle for that

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well boys I ended up getting him a Savage 110 Elite in the MDT chassis in 308… Not too thrilled with the scope, but will probably change that out… Thanks for the suggestions.

Attachments

• 4F674F83-6405-46A8-AD04-A031F254EF83.jpeg
      4F674F83-6405-46A8-AD04-A031F254EF83.jpeg
      926.2 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom