New Rimfire Pistol: Sig Sauer P322

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    sig-sauer.com

Sig Sauer released news of a new rimfire pistol today, called the P322.
    21 round capacity magazines
    optic ready
    suppressor ready
    interchangeable triggers (flat or curved)
    ambidextrous controls
    Looks like sale price will be $400-$450

I'm a big fan of Sig Sauer Pistols so this one may be going on my list to pick up in the future.
    p322.JPG

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    25 Round magazines also available but they extend a bit beyond the grip.
    Comes with thread adapter for your favorite can.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    sig-sauer.com

Sig Sauer released news of a new rimfire pistol today, called the P322.
    21 round capacity magazines
    optic ready
    suppressor ready
    interchangeable triggers (flat or curved)
    ambidextrous controls
    Looks like sale price will be $400-$450

I'm a big fan of Sig Sauer Pistols so this one may be going on my list to pick up in the future.
    View attachment 116843
    Hammer-fired and fixed barrel too. Seems like a winner to me

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I 1st saw the ad on my email at work, was thinking it was a 9. The 20 round capacity popped up. I’m thinking they have had the 21 out for a while, what’s the big deal.

seeing it the 2nd time, ok now it made the list, down the road a bit. Sig like us as beta testers. I also have a Beretta 22 to match my 92, and the TX22, so……..

Looks nice though, glad to see the higher capacity, and designed to mimic the P320.

FireSupplier

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    The Hub City, LA
    Saw this in my email from Sig recently of course as soon as I'm about to go forward with getting a TX22 this weekend. Hoping the local gun store will have one of those in stock to get a feel for it before making a decision on my next plinking gun. :noes:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I 1st saw the ad on my email at work, was thinking it was a 9. The 20 round capacity popped up. I’m thinking they have had the 21 out for a while, what’s the big deal.

seeing it the 2nd time, ok now it made the list, down the road a bit. Sig like us as beta testers. I also have a Beretta 22 to match my 92, and the TX22, so……..

Looks nice though, glad to see the higher capacity, and designed to mimic the P320.
    According to sig the p322 is it’s own platform and was not designed to mimic the 320 or 365. When I first read that I just scratched my head like why wouldn’t you? Personally I think it looks like a slightly larger 365xl

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I have more .22 pistols than I can shoot in both hands, at one time, so not desperate for one.

I don't mind at all waiting a bit for the feeding frenzy to die down!

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Watching several tubes of the you, it seems some have no issues and others have all kinds of problems. Mosquito 2.0 perhaps.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Sig's minimum sales price for the P322 is $399 per Sig representative during a YouTube interview.
    I'll hold out for that price.

dbrepro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2020
    Raceland, LA
    It's nice to see manufacturers are coming up with a new crop of quality 22's. This Sig P322, Taurus' TX22, and FNH's FN502. I'm partial to the FN502 because it's the most ambidextrous and I shoot mostly left handed because of damage to my right wrist.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    Picked up a P322 Friday at LA Gun & Reloading and got to shoot it yesterday. Put around 350 rounds through it. I had a box of Winchester ammo that had 3 or 4 failure to fire out of 100 but all the CCI mini mags ran without issue.

The pistol feels really good in the hand.

I will be shooting the P322 in Rimfire Pistol Irons at the Palo Alto June Steel Challenge.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It seems like the magazines are the problem in the majority of the negative reviews I’ve seen. Hopefully sig does something to address that sooner than later. Let’s not forget when the Glock 44 first came out it was pretty much a complete dud and now a few years later it’s running great and you can’t find a newer negative review on it.

It’s kind of crazy that Taurus of all companies figured this out first and released arguably the best modern .22lr pistol to date. Even Taurus had its flaws with the TX22 some of the earliest models had the slide cracking from the recoil spring assembly rubbing onto a thin piece of metal causing it to crack. I believe 36 coils is what the new and improved guidrod comes with opposed to 32 in the earlier models.

Speaking of Taurus I just recently picked up a few more magazines for mine and when I got them home I opened one up to discover the follower had been installed upside down in all of them. Lol idk how that even happens but it did. Easy enough fix for most but I could see that being a major issue for someone who doesn’t know any better

Big_Chris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Baton Rouge, LA
    the mags aren't the issue. how you load them is. slide follower down just enough to load next round to avoid rim lock. straight LONG mag.

shot maybe 400 rounds through mine today. had 2 FTF w/ CCI standard- hard hit on rim, just didn't fire. put back in and fired second time. 15 year old golden bullets had some FTE, but they were a lil crusty in the bucket. the norma tac-22 ran flawlessly.
    overall great fun and 20rd mags give you a lot of trigger time.

Top Bottom