New Shooters Club Range = A+

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I took my momma to go see the new range. This was my first time there and the experience was great. When we got there it was pretty empty, so that was nice, but it got packed by the time we left. I can see how going on off-hours would be a good idea.

Anyway, real nice people and I'll be going back soon.

My mom is a better shot than me. :o

Bamboozled!!!

Finds ass with BOTH hands
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2006
    It is a nice range, but they never turn the AC on in the range so it is often hotter than heck!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Indoor ranges have that whole bad ventilation thing happening. After 2 hours of cheap ammo I can't go any more. It make the targets blow around is the excuse I usually get.

I shot there when it was Jefferson Indoor. It does seem pretty nice now, I stopped in for a look.
    Later,
    RDO

Bamboozled!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2006
    The ventilation is actually not too bad. I once shot unjacketed lead bullets with conventional lube there and the vent system did a fairly good job at clearing the smoke.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah it was pretty warm in there.

Ventilation seemed pretty good though. My ammo is monarch blue box, the cheapest stuff around :)

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I wasn't directing the vent problem at any particular range just indoors in general.

Outside is nice.

I had a guy yesterday tell me he is done with indoor ranges. Maybe this place would be the ticket.

Some guys complain about lighting at indoor ranges but I figure it's not as bad as on the street at night. Low light is a reality.

I'm going to get over there to shoot as it did seem quite nice.
    Thanks,
    RDO

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I know exactly what y'all are talking about. The little bit of gas that escapes from the charging handle slot on my AR15 reeks of ammonia or some such whenever I shoot the Monarch stuff. It's much better outdoors.

Hmmm. . . well I didn't notice a bad odor with mine. I do have some other AK ammo with that ammonia smell though, nasty.

Bamboozled!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2006
    That website only gives the address of the "old" Shooter's Club which is now called "Jefferson Gun Outlet". The "new" Shooter's Club is at the site of the "old" Jefferson Indoor shooting range.

In any case, to get there from NO take Earhart Expwy west, turn left on Dickory Ave, right on Dock St., and right on Hickory Ave. The range is at the end of the street on your left.

Top Bottom