New to suppressors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    This might be it...

Still cant get the video...

I hate that the Can went out with a bur/drill remnant (customer was really rushed in a cross country trip and really problematic, that interaction with customer is a WHOLE other story). But it was minor, easily fixed and we offered to fix it several times.

The mount from the second shipment came back today!!!! Yay I’m not loosing as many as I thought, Picture attached, Really glad it Came back so y’all can see here.

Just so y’all have an idea of the catalyst to my response....(I’m glad I couldn’t post yesterday....) this is one of maybe 6 places he spam posted this BS, and I’ve had very good customers emailing, texting or swinging by asking what’s up or to get an explanation. Either because they have had VERY good interaction and was WTF or they were in NFA limbo and freaking the F out.

Attachments

• 265C95A4-8266-4C7A-BC5E-EEC7B15D5F46.jpg
      265C95A4-8266-4C7A-BC5E-EEC7B15D5F46.jpg
      251.9 KB · Views: 138
    • 34D8FCE8-E722-4B90-810B-83C7C8DD017F.jpg
      34D8FCE8-E722-4B90-810B-83C7C8DD017F.jpg
      212.2 KB · Views: 143
    • 23BB1AF6-1366-43A2-927C-191E45311CAF.jpg
      23BB1AF6-1366-43A2-927C-191E45311CAF.jpg
      212.6 KB · Views: 134
    Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    and it continues

You replied to a thread with no traffic for months. Then you replied for days until someone paid attention to you. I think it would be in the best interest of the site for you to respond, either with an apology or with something to counter their claim that you are the source of the problems you complained about.

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    There are three more coupon code uses left, if you’re waffling do it now.

You must register and It will only work on Suppressor’s or services ,

I think our Pilum 9mm Can with Glock rmr slide cut gives you your best bang for the buck

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    @Hothand you had the time to give a member here bad feedback but never came back here to apologize for your bs post. I guess everyone is a liar?

I would advise everyone to stay away from this guy.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    just seeing this thread.... man some times has passed, DID OP ever apologize? Just wondering. I'll make sure to add him to the ignore list to prevent me from ever buying anything from him. Seems like he can be problematic.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Apologize for what? The truth moving on
    The fact you gave them the wrong adress? They tried multiple times to try and fix the problem but instead you went crying to three other shops...

And here we are today with the same bs.. Throwing a fit after the transaction was made. Calling the guy a liar.

Hothand

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Garland, LA.
    The fact you gave them the wrong adress? They tried multiple times to try and fix the problem but instead you went crying to three other shops...

And here we are today with the same bs.. Throwing a fit after the transaction was made. Calling the guy a liar.
    You have no idea as to the fact. This was not the only issue which is none of your concern. How do you know who I called a liar? Swapping notes? Move on. What I said is true to the fact regardless of your input. I don’t know you nor have I had any interaction with you please keep it that way. Thanks in advance

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    It's a side vent hole that got missed in the deburing process ( the radial vent holes next to the threads in the attached pic ). It can be broken off easily enough with anything that will reach in there , or if you want to stop by we'd be happy to fix it for you . Those are the worst burrs for folding over and getting missed . Sorry it did . I've not seen any adverse issues from them but it's better to be safe than sorry on things like these , warranty would cover it if something was to happen. We'd be happy to send a label to ship it so we can give it a look over if you'd like if you wish to go that route as well .

IMG_5544-500x500.JPG
    Wait are you the manufacturer? Did you sell this to him or am I missing something? I am in the market for a new suppressor and I would rather buy local… Take care of my boy JStudz… He is a good dude… Please respond…. Have a blessed night!

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I don't normally bother nor care the thoughts of a fired customer so I typically only reply by offering a solution to help.... but because independently, and without me knowing, two other of my employees offered to help here (my people are awesome, great employees and very knowledgable)!!!

So how long does it take for a package to get to Bunkie?

Oddly enough I can answer this question very easily because I have sent three packages to Bunkie in the last month!

The ANSWER IS: 24-48 hours! I know this because the first two packages sent to this individual made into to Bunkie in that time frame but didn't make it to Hotheads (thank you Dennis thats a good one) mail box.... Why you ask? Well its because the Ex-Customer apparently doesn't know or care to pay attention to his information and can't properly put in an address. We use the customer supplied address, because who better to provide and fill out the address than the resident?

BTW Here is the third package we sent, with tracking and delivery conformation! Only after having to verify and get the corrected info from his lovely girlfriend/Wife! Whom BTW is a FRIEND that I have known for years!

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=176625070335

End of answer to that question!

Do you care to respond to why you haven't replied since yesterday after finding out you can't properly put your own address in but you CAN call Me and My operations manager a Liar several times here and in numerous other areas??

This is the part that I cant abide!!!! I will not tolerate my people being berated or called liars.

Now onward:

Lets talk about the Initial question! The Bur that was in the original Photo....

It got missed, Why? because when you make 50-300 suppressors at a time little **** happens... Its why we offered to e-mail a next day shipping label to and from him!!!!! to fix this by doing this!

A Little video of flicking one of the Thousands of 1/8" X .0065" thick flakes out of the same model Can, attached here or below: WELL I CANT GET THE PICS AND VIDEO TO ATTACH....

After the Next-day label time frame displeased Hothead I recommended using a probe or pencil to work and flake it out himself!

Still displeased:

I offered a full refund for the cans, of which he declined!!!

WHAT MORE CAN WE OFFER?

After refusing this, he went or sent pictures to NO less that three other dealers.... NOT manufacturers.... that said it should be sent in or removed, apparently he got the flake out because he says the Cans sound good.... (BTW three of these dealers contacted me asking "why is this guy bugging me with this" responses).

So that is as much time as I am willing to devote to this. THIS the Story I hope you tell the people when you wear a Sign around your neck at the guns shows we attend to ask you about your story of dealings with AKLYS! Since as you state, you "don't want to be malicious" in your dealings....

SO HERE IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD FOR YA'LL!!!!:

Here is a Coupon code for 25% off to the first 10 people that want an AKLYS suppressor or RMR cut up to $200 in savings!!!! If you are a Louisiana resident we will even do the transfer to you, the Tax stamp is on you and ALL NFA LAWS APPLY!

" HOTHEADVEH "
    Y’all gotta keep this going!!!! This is priceless!!!! As I’m laying in bed staring at my SilencerCo Hybrid 46M that came in a few weeks ago after waiting 8 dumb months that on the first time I brought it out I didn’t tighten it completely and shot 25% of the front cap off with my 300 blackout….. Yep I had an oh SH*T moment…. Lessons learned….. Please keep the messages going back and forth! I’m rolling here!!!!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Y’all gotta keep this going!!!! This is priceless!!!! As I’m laying in bed staring at my SilencerCo Hybrid 46M that came in a few weeks ago after waiting 8 dumb months that on the first time I brought it out I didn’t tighten it completely and shot 25% of the front cap off with my 300 blackout….. Yep I had an oh SH*T moment…. Lessons learned….. Please keep the messages going back and forth! I’m rolling here!!!!
    hey buddy off topic but silencer co will replace your endcap free, just gotta Email them and then mail in your old one for a warranty.. but back to the fun now lol

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You have no idea as to the fact. This was not the only issue which is none of your concern. How do you know who I called a liar? Swapping notes? Move on. What I said is true to the fact regardless of your input. I don’t know you nor have I had any interaction with you please keep it that way. Thanks in advance
    Let's ignore the parts that are not our concern and discuss the parts that are, the parts you mentioned publicly in this thread. You claimed they lied to you multiple times about mailing an item. ("well my part has been mailed three times by Joe and Dennis 31 days later still nothing. Dennis and Joe each use different excuses. Dennis lies to me and Joe lies to my wife, who is friends with him") They countered that you supplied them a bad address. Are they liars or did you supply them with a bad address?

They claimed they offered next day postage to fix the item in their shop and you refused. They claim they next offered instructions so you could fix the item themselves and you refused. They claim they then offered you a refund and you refused. Is that true? Did you not want them to fix it or to fix it yourself or to get your money back? If so, what solution would have pleased you?

As far as me, I don't care for Aklys Defense. I bought my first suppressor with them, a Kopis 22lr can, and a S&W M&P Compact 22 just to see if I wanted to go down the suppressor road. That one small purchase has ended up costing me thousands of dollars. Granted, I have a few cans to show for it. But still, they got me hooked. (Note: "I don't care for Aklys Defense" was sarcasm.)

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thank you! I’m just a procrastinator and haven’t mailed in yet lol….
    about 12 years ago, I had a very slight end cap strike on my silencerco osprey. This was when both that and the FNP tactical were very new. And the piston they had didn't mesh well with the FNP. Just really had a bright spot on the exit hole, but they took care of me. Pretty much replaced the front half of the suppressor in about 3 weeks. Don't know if customer service is the same, but that was acceptable to me. Also they came out with a v2 piston b/c it was a common issue in the FNP models. So they swapped my piston out when they sent it back.

Top Bottom