New to this site.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    My older son gave me a Canik TP9 SF Elite for Christmas this year. We shot about 250 rounds of 115 gr Fed Blazer FMJ ammo through it and it had failure to eject properly (the spent shell casings frequently would lodge in the ejection port of the gun after firing). So I pulled the slide of the gun back and locked it in place for about 18-24 hours and now the problem is resolved and it shoots like a dream. From what I have read, the RSA (recoil spring assembly) has a recoil spring in it that was too tight for that light of ammo. But since I locked the slide back for around 24 hours, no more problem with the gun. Thank you for allowing me to be here. I look forward to reading and hopefully doing business on here.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Welcome. Thanks For Info. Wonder what happens to a spring that loses enough power after 24 hrs to cycle properly with reduced power loads? What happens after being subjected to hundreds of rounds of full power 9mm? Maybe it is just break-in time after the rounds you fired? Maybe lube? Curious.

Top Bottom