New US Military Squad Rifles.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It's good that they are addressing the hearing issues. It's even better that this new SAW will be more powerful than 5.56.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    It's good that they are addressing the hearing issues. It's even better that this new SAW will be more powerful than 5.56.
    More powerful that 7.62x51 too. Holy crude, 80,000 psi. That is a magnum in a 308 size case. That is why they have to come up with a steel case head. Basically the balistics of a 270 or 7mm mag in semi auto.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    So does this mean in the next 10 years AR’s will be irrelevant and everyone will be replacing 223/5.56 with 277 fury/ 6.8?

I guess only time will tell but i won’t be suprised if the m4 doesn’t go anywhere and stays as the primary rifle just like the last couple times they tried to replace it.

277 Fury does sound kind of cool lol

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just for discussion sake imo the only issue with the m4 is m855. I say drop it all together and stick with m193 and mk262.

When they figure out m855a1 I think that round has a lot of potential.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    This is truly a stupid move by the Army! It will have to go into an AR 10 sized platform, the magazines will most likely be 20 or 25 round max capacity, and it will be much heavier than the M-4. An M-4 chambered in 6.5 Grendel would cover 95% of what they need.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    They say this new rifle when empty is 2lbs heavier than the m4 like 2lbs doesn't mean alot. Obviously whoever wrote this article and made the decisions on this have never been on a ruck, much less deoyed and actually did work. 2lbs is rediculous. Not to mention, having to train so many people on a new platform... I don't see where it's worth it. Besides, we all know that first time we have a democrat president in office once they are in theatre, that administration is just going to abandon them somewhere at some point and let an enemy take em for free.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    They say this new rifle when empty is 2lbs heavier than the m4 like 2lbs doesn't mean alot. Obviously whoever wrote this article and made the decisions on this have never been on a ruck, much less deoyed and actually did work. 2lbs is rediculous. Not to mention, having to train so many people on a new platform... I don't see where it's worth it. Besides, we all know that first time we have a democrat president in office once they are in theatre, that administration is just going to abandon them somewhere at some point and let an enemy take em for free.
    Leaving Troops on the Battle Field to fend for themselves. Started in WWII and has not stopped since.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom