New XDM-9 Pics...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Finally got a chance to snap some pics after getting it back from Scott @ Springer Precision. :cool:

Dawson F/O Sights
    SP Comp/Carry Trigger Job
    SP Solid Guide Rod
    SP Extended Mag Release

XDM_3.jpg

XDM_4.jpg

XDM_5.jpg

I really cannot say enough about Scott's trigger work. It's like a whole new pistol. And the Dawsons are fast and easy to pick up. I plan on using the XDM whenever I get off my ass and make it to some practical shooting matches.

:cool:

ChordsBail

Glock and BHP nuff said
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    ehhhh....they are reliable guns dont get me wrong....just not for me....and the majority of my pistols are polymer! looks perty though now lets see some groupings!!!

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I've never shot one but they make a Glock look pretty and I thought that was impossible. The 19+1 does intrigue me :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've never shot one but they make a Glock look pretty and I thought that was impossible. The 19+1 does intrigue me :)
    I agree the cosmetics are a little cheesy...but not without reason. It's incredibly ergonomic, and has no weight anywhere it's not necessary. It's light and incredibly well balanced, even with 20 rounds loaded.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'll sell you my USP Combat Competition; 18+1.

That way, you can stay True To The Cult...;)
    Shoulda known the anti-XD would show up! :p

I'll admit it, the USP CC is a beautiful piece of machinery. Seems like it would absolutely dominate in Production right out of the box.

Pure Luck

Yes it is loaded
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Lafayette
    The trigger is probly the worst part about my XDm. Oh how I wish it were as easy as a Glock to improve the trigger.

Other than that. I love mine.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The trigger is probly the worst part about my XDm. Oh how I wish it were as easy as a Glock to improve the trigger.

Other than that. I love mine.

It's not hard to install a Springer trigger kit, which will greatly improve the trigger. If you want the best trigger possible you have to send it in though.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I really don't care for the long reset of my XD-9 sub compact. What exactly does Scott do to improve the trigger and how much does it cost? I may be interested.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I really don't care for the long reset of my XD-9 sub compact. What exactly does Scott do to improve the trigger and how much does it cost? I may be interested.

New trigger bar and sear, along with some good ol' fashioned gunsmithin'.

The cost is $150 including parts, plus shipping back and forth. He is an FFL and will send you a Fedex label to save you some money on shipping.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I like the looks of those sights

Speedracer you need to make your way to Honey Island one weekend and let me see that setup. I'm considering the trigger work after reading what you typed and I def want new sights. I'm curious to how a trigger job makes it feel like a new gun...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like the looks of those sights

Speedracer you need to make your way to Honey Island one weekend and let me see that setup. I'm considering the trigger work after reading what you typed and I def want new sights. I'm curious to how a trigger job makes it feel like a new gun...

I've been trying to go to Honey Island for the last MONTH! Let me know when they reopen! :rofl:

I do go out their regularly, I'd be more than happy to let you play with it once the damn floodwater goes away.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    lol no kidding, me too. I'm dying to shoot my **** but its never opened. Hopefully its opened this weekend.. I've only shot like 400rnds through my XD and that was like the last week of March.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom