Newb from LaPlace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Hey guys, been on the forum for a month or so since a client at work turned me on to it. Just now getting around to posting. Busy year =P My name is Tony and I would say I'm a pretty avid hunter/pistol shooter. I go to the local range(Nicks) at least twice a month or more if the pocketbook allows. My deer camp is in MS just below Hattiesburg (Brooklyn) and I like to make it out every time i get the chance(Assuming it's deer/turkey season). My weapons list is as follows:

Pistols:
    - Sig p226 combat tb (see pic)
    - Beretta 92fs
    - S&W 686 6"

Shotguns:
    - Winchester sx3
    - Remington 870

Rifles:
    - Remington 700 XCR II .270
    - RRA Tac. Operator 2 (it's on the way should be here early next week.)

I don't have many pics lying around so I'll snap one of my EDC (p226) and use the gunbroker image of the AR since I'm currently at work =P

P226
    oldtoy.jpg

AR
    newtoy.jpg

Edit* Forgot to add that I do free knife sharpening to people in the area(Straight blades only please, serrations are a PITA most of the time) for knifes with 8" or smaller blades. I use a man-powered machine not a grinder/belt sander and bring the edge to a mirror finish. Also I have various smithing tools that I would be willing to loan out including a Sig sight pusher (Can be used for some other pistols as well), brass punch sets, cleaning kits, arkansas stones, etc.

Last edited:

Phr0st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys =D
    LACamper: Yeap our dog lines usually run south to north from New York rd. to the creek. There are some monster deer around that area but we have mostly new dogs this year and I have a feeling they're going to want to play more than run deer =P
    gmshooter: Yup right down the road, I actually used to work at Gramercy Alum.(back when it was still Kaiser).

Phr0st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    You need to cross the bridge and come to a match in Thibodaux.

Welcome to BS.

Maybe one day I will :) I'm hoping to get into some 3gun comps after getting some trigger time with the AR. Unfortunately I'm not sure my pocketbook will allow it very often.

Top Bottom