Newb from NOLA metro area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    Yo. a coworker told me about this site because i was looking to sell a gun and he said to post it on here. instead i find myself looking at all the for sale threads, salivating with temptation. anyway, i'll be reading around and seeing what you guys have to talk about. i'll also be posting the beretta i have to sale soon. might even consider a trade for a rifle.

sorry if i've not put up more personal info but i don't like to post too much specific info online.

Also, i've been shooting at some local indoor ranges because i live within the city but anyone know of an outdoor place, preferably a field out in the country where it's safe to do some plinking with higher powered rifles? somewhere relatively close to the new orleans area. the indoor ranges here don't allow anything bigger than a .22 rifle and i'd like to get a short barrel shotgun in the near future, as well as a 5.56 or 7.62

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Welcome! Honey Island isn't too far from you.

Yah man you need a license of some sort to shoot at honey island. I just sport a fishing license which I own anyway and it is 6 bucks. Great place to shoot they have steel plate racks, skeet throwers, and 100yrd rifle range.

Also I don't know if your already setup for class III, since you mentioned a SBS, but if your interested there is a lawyer on here - Mouthpiece - who set me up with a NFA trust. Awesome guy to deal with took his time and answered all of my questions. Really a great guy.

Last edited:

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I think HI is the closest to New Orleans for rifles if you don't own private land. There's a sporting clay place on the wank

Welcome to BS. You'll love it here...if you can hang on to your paycheck!

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    thanks guys. someone also told me about nicks shooting range. i think it's $15 all day to shoot there. HI seems like a better deal price-wise but i won't be picky. $15 is still reasonable.

Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Nicks is my local range. It's $18 all day for a non member. Then there are also two memberships you can purchase if you plan to do a lot of shooting. $65 a year and it's $5 range fee per visit. $175 a year and there is no range fee per visit. Also Welcome to BS.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    thanks for the info, phrost. i think i'll drive out there one of these days. if the commute isn't too painful on gas I think i'll look into a membership.

Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Yah I have a $65 membership. I only go twice a month or so but doing the math i definitely save money in the long run. My schedule is super busy for the next couple weeks (August and early sept. I have about 11 family Bdays including my own) but if you plan to go anytime mid-sept let me know and I'll see if i can free a day or so from my schedule. From the metro area (Assuming good traffic on i10) should take about 40 mins or so to get there or 25-30 if you drive like me =P

mace

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Sulphur
    Welcome aboard! You can become rich with the wealth of knowledge and BS here at BS!! HAHAHA, Again... Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom