Nodak Spud AK-74 receivers $43 shipped

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

"Really low priced AK-74 receivers

NoDak Spud has a substantial quantity of AK-74 receivers that were made for a large customer.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, they were unable to fulfill the terms of the contract and take delivery of everything they ordered.

We need to move this product so we are offering them for sale at $43 each, shipped to your dealer.

Builders/Manufacturers that are interested in quantities of 100+ please call for *special* pricing.

Features:

Based on the NDS-2EZ but w/o the left side scope mounting holes

Top rail step down

Beautiful black oxide finish

Narrow magwell cut does not fit any known magazine, and will need to be opened (we will provide diagram). They could be used for conversion to pistol caliber mags. Width dimension is: .716", length is standard.

Stamped on right side "S" and "F" w/selector stop

The original customers name has been X'ed out per ATF requirement (see pics)"

NDS%20AK-74%20markings%20web.JPG

NDS%20AK-74%20right%20side%20web.JPG

NDS%20AK-74%20bottom%20web.JPG

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    looks like they were made for TGI, KNOX,TN

They receivers should be good to go.

If someone in the new orleans area is buying a few, pm me, maybe we can make a deal with an ffl around here.

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I was thinking about ordering a few weeks ago but this got me. (Narrow magwell cut does not fit any known magazine, and will need to be opened (we will provide diagram). They could be used for conversion to pistol caliber mags. Width dimension is: .716", length is standard.)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I was thinking about ordering a few weeks ago but this got me. (Narrow magwell cut does not fit any known magazine, and will need to be opened (we will provide diagram). They could be used for conversion to pistol caliber mags. Width dimension is: .716", length is standard.)

Since they're providing the diagram, as long as you know someone who can open it up it shouldn't be a big deal. I need two for the two 74s that I need to build since I sold my 47s. :o

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i think these were the single stack ones, if they are, bam expanded one of mine no problem.

"Narrow magwell cut does not fit any known magazine, and will need to be opened (we will provide diagram)." leads me to believe that it's smaller than the single stack mags.

The process to open them up should be no different, though.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    looks like they were made for TGI, KNOX,TN

They receivers should be good to go.

If someone in the new orleans area is buying a few, pm me, maybe we can make a deal with an ffl around here.

This may be why

http://ingunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/64225-tgi_tennessee_guns_international_raided_by_batf.html

TGI (Tennessee Guns International) raided by BATF
    "Raid" may be a strong word but when "truckloads" of your inventory are carted off by the Feds, I had trouble coming up with another. (I loved in Blount County for a few years - suburb of Knoxville - gateway to the busiest entrance of the Smokies Nat'l Park.)

East Tenn. gun-maker, importer faces federal scrutiny

BLOUNT COUNTY, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee gun-maker and importer is facing a federal investigation.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has seized several small truckloads of materials -- including gun parts--from Tennessee Guns International, or T.G.I., of Blount County.
    Click here to find out more!

A TGI spokesperson will confirm only that federal agents took the materials as part of a routine audit required of all licensed gun importers, manufacturers, and re-sellers.

"TGI is cooperating fully," says sales manager Ryan Patrick.

TGI's website promotes the company as an importer and re-seller of surplus guns from formerly Communist countries.

According to crate labels, some material the ATF seized includes parts for AK-74 'assault rifles.'

AK 74's can't be sold "as-is" in the United States.

"They come in as parts and they have to be modified," says
    Coal Creek Armory's Jonathan Pirkle, a West Knox County firearms dealer and manufacturer.

"Customs should have caught anything that wasn't allowed."

An ATF spokesman in Nashville will confirm only that the federal agency is examining the operations of Tennessee Guns International.
    He would not speculate when the investigation might conclude.

Top Bottom