NOLA area gunshops?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2006
    River Ridge
    Hi folks,

I just finished putting together my CETME, and decided to take it out to the range tomorrow. It doesn't like thin walled commercial brass, so I decided to go find some milsurp stuff. Edit: It should do ok with steel cased ammunition as well. Edit #2: The reason it doesn't like commercial ammunition is that it has a fluted chamber, and the commercial brass will dent up and wedge in the chamber, requiring me to strip the gun to get it back in working order.

Elliots doesn't have it until next week (and I'm sure the price will be high - they're selling cheap commercial 308 ammunition for 25$ for 20 rounds currently). I don't really know where else to go...

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Good luck finding decent 308 milsurp. It is drying up very quickly.
    Avoid the Indian stuff at any price. Have you checked the Internet sites, Ammoman, Aim surplus, etc?

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    aussie's the way to go. i used to get it from ammoman when i still had my M1A, pretty accurate for mil-surp, never failed to go bang.

some came in blister packs, others in bandoliers on strippers.

jhh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2006
    River Ridge
    Good luck finding decent 308 milsurp. It is drying up very quickly.
    Avoid the Indian stuff at any price. Have you checked the Internet sites, Ammoman, Aim surplus, etc?

I've seen the Indian stuff before. Nasty. Had some kind of tar looking stuff all over it that wouldn't come off.

Normally I use cheaperthandirt, but they don't even have it now. They do have some cheap Russian steel cased stuff I can probably get away with, but it's still more than cheapo milsurp. Ammoman and Aim Surplus are sold out as well. Guess it's the Russian stuff for me.

Edit: CTD has match grade GI 308 ammo though.

Last edited:

glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    Try Shooters' Club....

If not, I ALWAYS get my ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt. It only take 2 days for it to come in since they distribute from Texas.... Plus the prices are hard to beat.

JIMUSMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2007
    New Llano, LA
    Give Alan at Orion firearms a call. He's in Picayune, MS. Just about 30 minutes away. He still has POF MILSURP and I think he has some wolf. I quit going to Elliot's because, IMHO, they were insulting younger customers who were asking simple and basic types of questions and they started really inflating their prices. Just .02 Cents

Jim

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom