WTS: Nomad 3 Desktop CNC Machine - Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Carbide 3D Nomad 3 desktop CNC machine for sale in Baton Rouge, LA. Purchased in September.

Asking $2000. Includes touch probe and new upgraded spindle. Under warranty for another 12 months. The machine is in a commercial office space in Baton Rouge and can be demonstrated in person.

Learn more about the machine here or watch any of the 100s of YouTube videos about it:

This thing will machine small parts out of aluminum, wood, or plastic. Maximum size of the parts you can make is around 8"x8". I used it to make small aluminum parts for a product I sell but have since moved on to a full size Tormach 770MX CNC machine. Yes, you could make gun parts with this. It will hold tolerances and is accurate down to 0.001" (1 thou). In practice, if you're machining multiple sides of a part you'll get 0.005" which is the industry standard. My parts required machining on 3 sides and were accurate under .005 every time.

This machine is great if you're new to CNC. When I purchased this I had no idea how to machine anything but in six months I've learned to make anything I want with it. If you have prior 3D printing experience you'll be able to get started pretty quickly.

XbOqHqD.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom