Non Micro 9 CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapperboomboom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2017
    Slidell
    I'm pretty sure most of us have one, if not more, micro 9mm handguns. They are light, easily concealed, and are in the most popular carry round at the moment. Almost every article I see is about one 365 variant or another, or another similar firearm. I have a Kahr cm9 that I have had for a while that fulfills that role for me. What are you guys carrying besides the micro 9? I'm looking for personal perspective and input.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I like the Hellcat, but I also have a couple of Sig 938 pistols. In that same price range is the Kimber micro 9, another sweet looking pocket rocket. I’m not a fan of the DB 9, but it’s pretty micro as well.
    Compact or subcompact is about all I will carry in warm weather months. Beretta 92 compact or lately a CZ P10-C for me.
    Let me just say this is my personal choice, my opinion and should not be misconstrued as advice on what to carry for forks sake.

Last edited:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Taurus G3C, it just works and fits me. I also carry a Beretta 92X, my favorite, but big. G3C most of the time.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I've carried a few of these subcompacts (P365, P365xl, Shield 2.0) and had a few more that I didn't carry (Hellcat, GX4). And don't own any of them anymore.

This is all entirely personal of course, but the place I've come to is that the tradeoff between concealability and shootability just isn't there for the subcompacts. I definitely get the appeal, but it's just too easy to conceal a compact-sized pistol with a good holster and belt to need to sacrifice shootability with a baby gun.

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I've carried a few of these subcompacts (P365, P365xl, Shield 2.0) and had a few more that I didn't carry (Hellcat, GX4). And don't own any of them anymore.

This is all entirely personal of course, but the place I've come to is that the tradeoff between concealability and shootability just isn't there for the subcompacts. I definitely get the appeal, but it's just too easy to conceal a compact-sized pistol with a good holster and belt to need to sacrifice shootability with a baby gun.
    I couldn't agree more. I have tried to fit small guns such as a P365 and Shield 2.0 into the "EDC" role. I have since gotten rid of them and went back to a Glock 19 in a good (Tenicor Velo or Phlster Pro) holster for 99.9 percent of my daily carry needs. It just works better for me. It balances better on the belt and obviously shoots better for me. Very subjective I know, just my two cents.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I qualified with a Kahr CM9, and at times thought it’s too big, they know I am carrying a pistol. Really!?!? Once you realize most people don’t care what’s under your shirt, jacket, etc.

Carry what you shoot best and feel the most comfortable with. That G3C is the smallest thing I own. I am just too comfortable carrying a larger firearm now, so I do. Along with a spare mag of course.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Imma need a picture of that setup with the EPS mounted up. Who milled it? P-01 is my favorite carry gun as well.
    Wager Machines's 507k cut. I know Scott cuts them at Impact Machines too. I think Wager's cut is slightly lower than others.
    1662230428220.png

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    I'm pretty sure most of us have one, if not more, micro 9mm handguns. They are light, easily concealed, and are in the most popular carry round at the moment. Almost every article I see is about one 365 variant or another, or another similar firearm. I have a Kahr cm9 that I have had for a while that fulfills that role for me. What are you guys carrying besides the micro 9? I'm looking for personal perspective and input.

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    My favorite gun to "wear" is the Kahr CW9--the second gun I purchased for concealed carry. Not a micro, but extremely concealable. My last purchase in the quest for that perfect carry gun was the Kimber Micro 9. It's only a 2-finger gun without the magazine with the extension. Sights are great, but the radius is kinda short. And in my opinion, a 1911 platform gun carried cocked and locked takes a few additional fractions of a second to bring into action compared to a "half-cocked", DAO, striker fired gun.
    Kahr CW9 is light, has an excellent grip design, has good sights, and ACCURATE. And I've never experienced a failure to function since the day I took it out of the box. No break-in was necessary as Kahr recommended.

Leafbloer

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Slidell
    After I ditch my micros unless it's my backup gun on my ankle I really enjoy the CZ P01 with a slim grip or my cajun CZ-p07 the subcompact are actually enjoyable to shoot and train with compared to the micros I use to carry. Thus making me a better shooter because they get shot alot.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Have actually been packing my taurus 905 5 shot 9mm revolver lately. Loaded up with 5 rounds of federal hst in a moon clip and when i get to the woods i swap it out for 5 round clip of 9mm ratshot. I have a g43, 48, 26, 19 and so on and have found myself bringing that one mainly because of the ability to shoot ratshot.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom