Odd Slugging Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I just slugged and old rifle with some soft lead. Right when the slug gets past the crown it is so loose that is pretty much falls into the action. Either the end of the barrel is tighter than the rest or this is normal. Barrel has plenty of rifling left and does not appear to be shot out.

Thanks,

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    US
    Is there obvious wear from cleaning rod? That would be my only thought is that at the muzzle crown there has been alot of wear that may not be visible but would be noticable by a tight fitting lead slug.

Also, is it clean? Ie is there leading in the rifling in the middle of the bore?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    US
    Have you tried looking for advice over on castboolits? I've been a member over there a long time and they have a LOT of historical experience with slugging issues.

So to clarify is this tighter or looser at the muzzle end?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Good things are worth waiting for. There is a wealth of knowledge about firearms out there dieing off. It needs to asked and recorded.
    agreed but his stats he has responded on prob 10+ post each from over a year old with only a total of 10 comments on his profile, and all comments made within 10 mins... , typically done by scammers trying to get nested fast... just saying... hes prob not a scammer though

bc80f2f4671fc690da0a456cfdbcd020.jpg

Top Bottom