Officer Saves Woman From Guy Assaulting Her

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    What's funny is your repeated reliance on some blur to makes the cop's actions questionable and your resistance to identify what blur you're referring to.
    Funny that you post a video coming from the non-blind side of the corner instead of the blind side, when you accuse someone of lying about...you?/a LEO giving lame tickets, less than 1mi away from an area where their/your mere presence actively prevents crime just by sitting in the car. No bonus pay hours for court appearances if you do that though.

What part of "I'd like to see the non-blurred version" requires specification? How about the whole thing?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Funny that you post a video coming from the non-blind side of the corner instead of the blind side,

I couldn't find the blind side. Perhaps you could post it.

when you accuse someone of lying about...you?/a LEO giving lame tickets, less than 1mi away from an area where their/your mere presence actively prevents crime just by sitting in the car. No bonus pay hours for court appearances if you do that though.

Cops don't get bonus pay for court.

What part of "I'd like to see the non-blurred version" requires specification? How about the whole thing?

You do realize anyone can go back and see your old posts, right?

"the blur blocked the knife position before the shooting started"

You referred to a specific thing in the video. At what timecode does any blur block a knife position where the position of the knife would change your opinion of the cop's actions?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    -Arrest a DUI that I stopped myself. (His would-be 10th DUI, police testified on his behalf, got the judge to deny my testimony, and got him a reckless operation. His lawyer is a former cop. Another cop yelled at me outside of the courtroom, because "some of those DUIs were 20 years old!" It must have been a cop or family member, and I hurt some feels. He crapped all over himself and peed into his own shoe/on his phone, because he was too drunk to get his seat belt & pants all the way off. You be the judge.)
    Stopped a DUI yourself huh ? Impersonating the group you dislike ? Interesting.

The cops yelled at you, the judge excluded your testimony, and the cops testified on behalf of the accused....Yeah, I'm guessing you are either embellishing for effect, or leaving out some important details here. Tell on.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I couldn't find the blind side. Perhaps you could post it.

Cops don't get bonus pay for court.

You do realize anyone can go back and see your old posts, right?

"the blur blocked the knife position before the shooting started"

You referred to a specific thing in the video. At what timecode does any blur block a knife position where the position of the knife would change your opinion of the cop's actions?

You don't get paid for going to court? Oh...you're going that dishonest thing where you use semantics to disable someone's comment. You do get paid to go to court, lame non-moving violation tickets = acceptable court time if you choose to go defend your tickets. If you go to court it is paid time, that is effectively a bonus.

I'm sure you'll make more than beer money, and you just ticket a bunch of rich sorority girls and poor people that cant afford to fix their exhaust systems. Lots of life saving and crime prevention with that...

You know where I'm talking about with the blur. Thank you. I don't care enough to look at a time stamp, but feel free to hang on to it and let it drive you in life! Why not just unblur the whole thing? It doesn't matter to you, really.

You know where the blind spot it, you took a right in your video...the blind spot is if you take a left. Neither side has great visibility. When traffic is high and there are numerous cars pulled over and slamming on the brakes the visibility is worse.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Stopped a DUI yourself huh ? Impersonating the group you dislike ? Interesting.

The cops yelled at you, the judge excluded your testimony, and the cops testified on behalf of the accused....Yeah, I'm guessing you are either embellishing for effect, or leaving out some important details here. Tell on.
    I didn't impersonate anyone, but hey...keep being scummy, makes your business look really attractive.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You don't get paid for going to court? Oh...you're going that dishonest thing where you use semantics to disable someone's comment. You do get paid to go to court, lame non-moving violation tickets = acceptable court time if you choose to go defend your tickets. If you go to court it is paid time, that is effectively a bonus.

I'm sure you'll make more than beer money, and you just ticket a bunch of rich sorority girls and poor people that cant afford to fix their exhaust systems. Lots of life saving and crime prevention with that...

I didn't say I don't get paid for going to court. I said I don't get a bonus. If a cop works a 7a-7p shift and they go to court from 9a-11a, do you think they get a bonus for going to court?

You know where I'm talking about with the blur. Thank you. I don't care enough to look at a time stamp, but feel free to hang on to it and let it drive you in life! Why not just unblur the whole thing? It doesn't matter to you, really.

For someone who appears to be anti-authoritarian, you sure do like to try to tell other people what they know. As before, I do not know what you're talking about. Why not unblur it? Maybe because there's no determining information that is covered up by a blur. Here's what I'll bet happened. I'll bet you actually went back and watched the video so you could throw out the timestamp to shut me up about it. But when you watched it, you realized there was no blur that made any difference with respect to the guy's hands and the knife. But rather than just say you made a mistake, you take the 8 year old approach and say it's there but you just don't care about it. And that's cool. But you know the real reason.

You know where the blind spot it, you took a right in your video...the blind spot is if you take a left. Neither side has great visibility. When traffic is high and there are numerous cars pulled over and slamming on the brakes the visibility is worse.
    If you take a right. Great visibility.
    Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 1.59.44 PM.png

If you take a left. Good visibility.
    Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 1.57.57 PM.png

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I never saw a time stamp in the first place, watched it a few times and did not pay any attention to the time or even where the stamp was in the video, and I saw the knife until he got down and then after he rolled over and away. The part in between was blurred and I did not see the knife in your screen cap. He's dead, LEO shouldn't be punished and the last shot shouldn't be celebrated, our debate is meaningless aside from generating/increasing negative feelings towards each other. You chose to reply to my comment, after I chose to make a public comment. It is what it is, and we clearly do not care for each other. I do not go looking for a fight with you though, that's the difference here.

I wasn't condemning the LEO, just said that something was questionable because of the state of the video, and that he shot the person after the threat was dealt with and which should not be celebrated. I stand by that.

If I see a nonblurred version and it shows the perp on the ground trying to stab the lady I would celebrate his decision to shoot then, and say that he did a great job getting into a position to take the bag guy out. Either way the lady is OK and is lucky to have made it through without fragments OR a knife wound.

LEO get paid to be at court, iirc if they qualify for OT they make OT at court, might be wrong about that, but there is some other thing that can increase the pay from base. They should be paid for their time in court, but that doesn't mean they should give lame tickets to get extra time in court. Stopping traffic to give non-moving violations is basically just bullying the public.

Is it more likely that a LEO wants to make more pay, or that they care about the environment, so they are giving Inspection Sticker tickets? It's a very easy way to write a bunch of tickets, especially when they do it at a busy intersection where people cannot evade them once they become detectable, and since they sit up in a blind area hiding their cars in a boulevard turnaround. It's very smart, just predatory. That's the main problem. Protecting and Serving would be sitting in the car -1mi to the NWS directions and literally saving people's lives just by sitting there.

Again, you're just sharing part of the story with your images.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I never saw a time stamp in the first place, watched it a few times and did not pay any attention to the time or even where the stamp was in the video, and I saw the knife until he got down and then after he rolled over and away. The part in between was blurred and I did not see the knife in your screen cap. He's dead, LEO shouldn't be punished and the last shot shouldn't be celebrated, our debate is meaningless aside from generating/increasing negative feelings towards each other. You chose to reply to my comment, after I chose to make a public comment. It is what it is, and we clearly do not care for each other. I do not go looking for a fight with you though, that's the difference here.

I wasn't condemning the LEO, just said that something was questionable because of the state of the video, and that he shot the person after the threat was dealt with and which should not be celebrated. I stand by that.

If I see a nonblurred version and it shows the perp on the ground trying to stab the lady I would celebrate his decision to shoot then, and say that he did a great job getting into a position to take the bag guy out. Either way the lady is OK and is lucky to have made it through without fragments OR a knife wound.

The cops responded to a call of a man with a knife assaulting a woman. When they got there, a guy with a knife jumped on a woman who was already on the ground.
    Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 2.54.33 PM.png

The tan thing that looks like a hat seems to be her knee. The perp's head id down and to the left of it. He was between her legs when he jumped on her as can be seen in the prior screen grab. The perp is holding the knife in his right hand. As we see in the first photo, the perp's right arm is around the victim's legs and toward her upper body. Although I cannot actually see it, I am assuming the perp's right hand is still attached to the perp's right arm. I can't say for sure that's a knife in front of the woman's face but I certainly can't say it's not.
    Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 3.01.23 PM.png

LEO get paid to be at court, iirc if they qualify for OT they make OT at court, might be wrong about that, but there is some other thing that can increase the pay from base. They should be paid for their time in court, but that doesn't mean they should give lame tickets to get extra time in court. Stopping traffic to give non-moving violations is basically just bullying the public.

Is it more likely that a LEO wants to make more pay, or that they care about the environment, so they are giving Inspection Sticker tickets? It's a very easy way to write a bunch of tickets, especially when they do it at a busy intersection where people cannot evade them once they become detectable, and since they sit up in a blind area hiding their cars in a boulevard turnaround. It's very smart, just predatory. That's the main problem. Protecting and Serving would be sitting in the car -1mi to the NWS directions and literally saving people's lives just by sitting there.

Cops earn overtime when they work overtime. It could be at court or on an assignment or working late because a incident happened where 10 people were shot right before a detective was scheduled to get off work.

Did you know that the federal government gives grants to departments for targeted enforcement? I don't know if that what was going on at that non-blind corner but it sounds like it's possible. The grants are usually for limited enforcement. If they were working under one of those grants, sitting in the car -1mi to the NWS directions would not be an option. You can't use the grant for things outside the scope of the grant.

If it's a blind intersection, the images should support that.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I told you before that those guys writing those tickets were doing that on a grant, that’s not what I think, that what I plonked 100%. Here is one for you, I was previously assigned to the “speed enforcement” division of my department. My entire job was to write tickets, and I can guarantee I wrote way more than you can imagine. I never made 1 dollar of OT or bonus pay for any of them. This goes back to you talking about things you know nothing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Are we overlooking that the perp started this whole affair? If he does not threaten the woman with the knife, he does not get shot. Don't feel for the perp. He took actions that put his life in danger. He is at fault for everything that transpired after his actions. And I won't get into the 9mm debate.
    14 rounds to slide-lock in a Glock is a G21, .45ACP. We switched from the 17 to the 21 many years ago after a shooting incident convinced our training staff that 9mm wouldn't get it done, but have switched back to a 34 since, when different staff became convinced that with newer bullets, it can.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    14 rounds to slide-lock in a Glock is a G21, .45ACP. We switched from the 17 to the 21 many years ago after a shooting incident convinced our training staff that 9mm wouldn't get it done, but have switched back to a 34 since, when different staff became convinced that with newer bullets, it can.
    yeah, most here didn't catch that little tidbit. not 17 or 18 rounds to slide lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom