Oh Christ!! Another Campus Shooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/theres-shooter-loose-and-officer-down-mit/64379/
    MIT issued an emergency alert at 10:48 on Thursday night reporting shots fired on the university campus. The school newspaper reports, "Shots fired near 32 Vassar St (Stata Center), police officer down. Please stay inside." That report is backed up by CBS News's Bonney Kapp who reports hearing "officer down" on the police scanner just before the MIT alert went out. For now, details are scarce, but the suspect is on the loose and considered armed and extremely dangerous.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Ok... I'm officially joining the tinfoil hatters...

Too many, with too many 'perfectly timed'.

Right after the gun bill doesn't pass.
    I never fall for the damn conspiracy theory ****. Some of it I will go ahead and say us very creative and interesting.
    The way the world is I would have to say trusting no one you have to form your own opinion. Some things just don't add up.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Someone is shot on a school campus. The media escalates it to "A Shooter Is On The Loose At A School Campus." Then people get on forums and escalate it to "OMG Campus Shooter!!!"

Let's not make it into something it's not until we know more details.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    someone is shot on a school campus. The media escalates it to "a shooter is on the loose at a school campus." then people get on forums and escalate it to "omg campus shooter!!!"

let's not make it into something it's not until we know more details.

stop making sense damn it!!!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    BREAKING NEWS: A Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus police officer died from injuries in a shooting on the campus outside Boston Thursday night, authorities said.
    Cambridge police and the Middlesex District Attorney's office said the officer was responding to a report of a disturbance when he was shot. He later died at a hospital. His name was not immediately released.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/18/gunshots-reported-on-mit-campus/#ixzz2QsfE8ken

Doesn't exactly sound like Virginia Tech...

Now that the tinfoil is off, RIP to the officer. :(

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I think I read this on reddit (may have been a news article though) - mit student said a convenience store had just been held up (he was listening to emergency radio) prior to the shooting and the leos believed the shooting was related to that

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    According to Fox:
    From scanner traffic, cash took place after shooting, police involved with shootout between 2 suspects who were heavily armed, including possible grenades, and IEDs. At one point someone came over the radio and said "if you want to stay alive, turn off your cell phones." One suspect in custody and one still at large. Reports of explosions going off. No clear confirmed connection to the Marathon bombing but is a possibility.

Again, this is obviously early on and fresh coming in as fast as they can repeat it and then I'm repeating what I've heard on here.

Heard on CNN that the suspect that was caught was stripped down completely before he was placed in the police car. The photojournalist that was reporting said he looked to him like the basic description of "Suspect #1".

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    FBI and DHS are involved and on the scene. Interesting.....

EDIT: Boston Globe is claiming one of the Marathon suspects is in custody as a result of this gun battle...."Major gun battle" underway at a house in Auburn.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom