OH NO! They are shutting down an ExxonMobil refinery!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Just to think about shutting this down, leaving us on more foreign oil dependance just has my stomach turning...

What do I do? Where will I buy gas? What about groceries?

Environmentalists to Sue ExxonMobil Over Texas Refinery
    ExxonMobil will be sued by two environmental groups over the release of large amounts of air pollutants from its Baytown oil refinery, the nation's largest, according the Center for Public Integrity, a nonprofit investigative journalism group based in Washington.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Tired of waiting for state regulators to take meaningful action, two environmental groups are preparing to file a lawsuit against the nation’s largest oil refinery, accusing ExxonMobil Corp. of illegally releasing at least 5.9 million pounds of dangerous air pollutants over five years and jeopardizing the health of thousands of nearby residents.

Related

Data Mine: Coast Guard Database Keeps Oil Spill Penalties Under Wraps
    http://www.publicintegrity.org/articles/entry/2215/

Renegade Refiner: OSHA Says BP Has “Systemic Safety Problem”

Training Exercises Showed Gaps in Government Preparedness Before BP Oil Spill

Environment Texas and the Sierra Club hope the lawsuit will force ExxonMobil to cut emissions, enhance monitoring, and pay a multimillion-dollar civil penalty for pollution from its Baytown, Texas, facility. The case is due to be filed in federal district court late summer, reflecting a chorus of criticism of the state’s environmental regulator, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), already under pressure from the federal Environmental Protection Agency to strengthen its air permitting program and more rigorously enforce current laws.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You should cite a source when posting stuff like this.

The whole using US oil to reduce foreign oil dependence is a farce anyways. All oil gets traded on the market. If you buy 55 gallons of oil from a US source, it just leaves 55 gallons from another country that will be bought by China..... or whoever else. Think of it as all the oil goes in a big pot and you buy your share.

You want to truly reduce your dependance on foreign oil? Reduce the amount of oil you use.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    OHH MY GOD! How are we going to survive? Stock up on all your can goods and make more posts about where we can find more ammo.....and what price it is.....and what caliber.....and how many you bought. I don't know if I'll make it out, but if we all band together we can huddle our bodies together for warmth!!

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I feel this kind of behavior is very disrespectful to the community we have here at Bayou Shooter. Creating hateful threads and posts towards other members is not the proper way to settle your differences.

If you have trouble with someone and can't let bygones be bygones, there is an ignore button that works very well.

Dood,
    The peanut gallery is 2 doors down on the left. If you hurry, the still have a seat for you!

They might even let you be the guest speaker too! I've been told that they like to O.C. and eat cheesy poofs

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    you're just being an a$$. Maybe you should seek the help of a qualified mental health professional due to your oil rig incident. It has obviously left you traumatized in some kind of way. Good luck.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Still not seeing anything about the plant being shut down... just another random lawsuit by environmental extremists.

Is there something I'm missing?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Off the subject of personal melt downs. Should the refinery be closed and the price of gasoline escalate along with unemployment the Dems will have a voters revolt like they never imagined. Some say GB polarized the country. Obama is bringing on a revolution. I personally am disgusted with the idiot and the idiots that voted him in.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Off the subject of personal melt downs. Should the refinery be closed and the price of gasoline escalate along with unemployment the Dems will have a voters revolt like they never imagined. Some say GB polarized the country. Obama is bringing on a revolution. I personally am disgusted with the idiot and the idiots that voted him in.

+1

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Egad, I just had to report 5 posts in one page. That's a new record.

you're just being an a$$. Maybe you should seek the help of a qualified mental health professional due to your oil rig incident. It has obviously left you traumatized in some kind of way. Good luck.

That was beyond just being a joke. I'm not sure what the right word for it is, but insensitive to say the least.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Egad, I just had to report 5 posts in one page. That's a new record.

That was beyond just being a joke. I'm not sure what the right word for it is, but insensitive to say the least.

I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't report any posts, saw Spanky on the thread last night, but it seemed extremely thoughtless.

Top Bottom