old single shot 22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stateguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Have small children and started looking for single shot 22 for them to learn with. Well that became a rabbit hole and I started reading about old guns - primarily winchesters and remingtons. Winchester apparently had a cadillac - the model 52. Not getting it. Some cheaper versions were 67 and 69. Remington had 510, 512 and 514. Think all those models are right.

This eventually ended up with buying a model 67 on gunbroker last week. Haven't gotten it yet

Anyone with experience with any of these, tips, recs?

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    The 67 is an almost exact copy of my Remington model 41. It was my dad's and I grew up shooting it in the 1950's. My grand kids started on it. Only issue with small children is the length of pull, they can't shoulder it and had to put the but under their arm. They were 6 and 9 at the time. I ended up buying a Cricket for them. Now they are 10 and 13 and I bought them a Ruger 10/22. The oldest is a girl and she shoots my M4 now but it still intimidates the boy.

sandy1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    B.R., La.
    I have one of each of those Remington .22 rifles and also a model 511X.
    They always shot way better than you would have expected for their sales price.
    Stocks at one time were cheap on Ebay so making a youth rifle was a snap.

I bought an original Chipmunk made in Medford, Oregon for my kids. I wish I could get today's .22 going rate for every bullet that went down that barrel.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My first firearm was Savage J Stevens Springfield model 15 that I still own. It was my Grand Dad’s first rifle and was passed on to my father in the late 50’s and to me at age 8. All 3 of my boys have had their turn shooting with it and calling it theirs but it will stay in my safe and eventually get passed on. It’s been restored to as near new condition as I’d want but does not nearly look new and still shoots like a champ. I can honestly say, if I had to get rid of all but one of my guns, it would be the one to stay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom