Olympic AR opinion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I currently have an Olympic PCR-98, which is a flat top, 16" barrel, AR type carbine. I have had it about 6 years or so and have fired maybe 1000 rds thru it. I bought it used but it looked like it had not been shot very much. So far it has performed well for me, having maybe 2 FT Extract during that time. After doing a bit of research, I have bought a stronger extractor spring and o ring (dont remember the brand) and intend to install it but have not done so yet.

As I said, so far it has been a good performing rifle but I have not shot the thousands of rounds thru it that some of you have in training classes. I have read on ther sites that there is a poor opinion of the Olympic AR´s and I just wanted to see if anyone with experience with them has an opinion. I am not interested in internet hearsay, only real experience.

TIA

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Olympic makes good rifles, I have one and have had zero problems, well one problem, some mags are a little tight, P mags work perfect tho

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The ones I have seen march to their own spec and use materials that are substandard. Can't really atest to their function bc those factors are deal breakers for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom