~@~ ONe EYED JACK

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many FAL OWNERS are on BS.com

• I own a FAL

Votes: 13 23.2%
    • I own less than 5 FAL's

Votes: 10 17.9%
    • I own more than 5 FAL's

Votes: 5 8.9%
    • I am a FUTURE FAL OWNER!

Votes: 24 42.9%
    • I own kits but NO actual assembled FAL's!

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Swamprat65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    South of Baton Rouge.
    I've had my Fal for about 19 years. Haven't shot more than 300 rounds through it though. Tough to find a place to go shoot it even though I have plenty of ammo.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    KT, whenever this poor boy gets some money to spend would you build me a PARA with the sand cuts like we talked about? It is a proverbial dream. An annual FAL shoot would be great, also.

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    To the parts KIT owners........are any of you guys that purchased the ARGY kits from the group buy that was held a year or so? IF any of you decide to release one or two of your kits let me know......
    THANKS!

KT

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I am a fairley new FAL owner (I'm #11 on the poll!!). I bought an Enterprise STG58 off of the BS Classified about 6 months ago.

BTW - have you been able to organize an FAL range day? If so I would be interested, even though I am a "Yankee from points north of Pollock". I do travel thru your neck of the woods frequently.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I am a fairley new FAL owner (I'm #11 on the poll!!). I bought an Enterprise STG58 off of the BS Classified about 6 months ago.

BTW - have you been able to organize an FAL range day? If so I would be interested, even though I am a "Yankee from points north of Pollock". I do travel thru your neck of the woods frequently.

JimBeaux there are quite a few FAL owners in your neck of the woods and a few guys have a Shoot N BarBque a few times a year, I was hoping to make that this year, my wife is actually from that area as well....Around Nantachie Lake, I have a good friend that is from Pollock I know your general area pretty well.....

Myself and a friend are looking to finally cave and look at joining Palo Alto gun range this week....yeah its down this way BUT we do need a FAL FEST SOUTH.....would love to organize this as an annual......stay tuned ;)

KT

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I'm looking to buy an FAL kit or FAL complete rifle. I saw the Argy kits at Sarco and G1 kits also. I madean offer on a StG upper on an Imbel lower over on FALfiles. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I have one as it's all I can afford to feed. I was had a problem with these rifles for awile so now I have to limit myself.

twokids

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Oscar, LA.
    Well do some info. recon and see what you find. If you like what you find and are interested in this type rifle let me know. We can hook up and I will let you run a few mags out of mine.

Go to ANY web browser and try a search for FAL rifles. Now these rifles are NOT nor were they ever intended for long ranger sniper style rifles. BUT if your intentions are to kill zombies within 600 yards with a semi-auto battle rifle and have a hell of a time doing so.......well I would highly recommend you try out a FAL! Again do some research.

DISCLAIMER: Hell NO I have NEVER SHOT mine at 600 yrds. hell I can't even see 600 yards! My rifle shoots pretty good 1.5" to 2" groups at 100yrds. and I can pull off some pretty good MOM shots at 200 without a problem, again I am NO "MARKSMAN" like a lot of folks claim to be but I can hit your butt if you stand out to 200 with my ironsights all day long. So again this is NOT a sniper type tack driver.

DISCLAIMER II. I hear they are very highly addictive! USE CAUTION! :mamoru: LIke I said this is what I hear!:D

And the key thing is that you can shoot the gun all day long, I have shot very few 7.62x51mm guns that I can say that about. I was lucky to run a 20 round mag though a DSA SA58, shooting with the iron sights with my bad eyes at 50 yards offhand I was able to hold a 3 inch group. When I handed the gun back to it's owner I commented that I could shoot the gun all day long, he response "exactly, that is why it's my wife's rifle". How many 308 caliber rifles could you say that about!
    :D

Top Bottom