Online class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    So, I had an ad come across the old book face for a LA ccw permit class 100% online with assistance to find a range to do the shooting. Was wondering if anyone knew the legitimacy of that, or if they knew of something like it. For reference, the page was la.legalmeasures.info (in case anyone was wondering)

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    I did an online training class with Barret Kendrick of Bearco Training last August. Met up with him at Bedico Range in early September. Applied for renewal shortly after the shooting qualification and had no problem with the renewal.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I did the Bearco as well to renew. Price is fair, and it's nice to be able to complete the 9 hours at own pace in chunks of time

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I did the class with Barret as well. Better than any live class I have taken. Better coverage of material and no time wasted listening to stories. I did the shooting portion at Bedico range because I am in Ponchatoula, but from what I understand, he will arrange for you to shoot at almost any range of your choosing.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    So is it still the 9 hours of required training, just not in person?
    Who oversees the shooting if done at another range? Do they have to be La CCW instructors? Do they issue a separate certificate to go along with the classroom training certificate?
    This is interesting.
    Ed

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Who oversees the shooting if done at another range? Do they have to be La CCW instructors? Do they issue a separate certificate to go along with the classroom training certificate?
    This is interesting.
    Ed
    I would say they have a be a La CHP instructor

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    This is interesting.
    Ed
    Yes, still has the 9 hours online not in person. Bearco has instructors in different cities/ranges (not just anybody) to oversee and conduct the live fire. Yes, they are CCW instructors. You print your completed Bearco certificate to them, and they sign with their number after you successfully complete the live fire. Of course, you pay the live fire instructor separately.

The online class is really good with lots of relevant examples and things to think about. I liked most that you could split it into chunks over time instead of doing it all at once.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom