Only thing I don't like about my XDm-9...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    is Springfield has yet to release extra mags to any distributors. I literally cannot buy extra mags ANYWHERE. Silly move on Springfield's part, and really starting to get on my nerves. It is just a fun/range gun so it's not a huge deal, but I just sleep better at night having at least 6 mags for every gun. :(

I do have two spare mags coming from Springfield's promo deal, but 4-6 weeks is a long time to wait!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Regular XD-9 is 16 rounds, XDm is 19. They had to change the entire frame design to fit those extra rounds. No way in the world they'd fit in the regular XD. It's silly, but I have come to accept it for what it is. Wouldn't bother me at all if I could just buy the damn things.

islp55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Ruby
    I do not know why there are no spare mags. for 9...I bought two spare 40 mags for my xdm and 2 free comin' in from SA. That is strange

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Well how does it shoot, if you gave a range report just point me in the direction of that thread, I probably commented on that thread already:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sure didn't yet Tim! I did take it out to Honey Island last Sunday and blew 500 rounds of WWB through it without a single hiccup. Man that thing just EATS through ammo with those 19 rounders.

It shot great, better than I do. The only things I wasn't thrilled with are the sights and trigger, but only because I've spoiled myself with my XD-45 setup. I'm sure to most people they are fine. And they did start to smooth out and loosen up a bit right about the last box of ammo.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    1 in the chamber plus 6 mags is 115 rounds. Talk about home protection. You don't even have to be a good shot, you could be a consistent trigger puller and at least scare the crap out of a home invader.

islp55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Ruby
    1 in plus 6 =97 rounds of 40cal...go thorough door to intruders chest...and he goes to morge...:hi5:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I just picked up two mags for our XD40 like a week ago. The guy said it was the last two he had and they were hard to get at the moment.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yes it is. I'm sure they'll be along shortly...the XDm-40's have always been available. Just never seen a manufacturer put a gun on the market with no spare mags available. I guess they figure with 20 rounds you don't need 'em. :D

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Anyone waiting on the promo mags from Springfield needs to call and make sure your in the system. Many people over in the XDforum boards found out after a long wait that their info was not in their system. I will be calling tomorrow to make sure.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Just never seen a manufacturer put a gun on the market with no spare mags available.

I take it you have never owned an HK. I've paid 100 bucks a piece for 12 round USP45 mags during the ban. Regular price on the things are 60 bucks or so now plus shipping if and when you can find them.

And P7 mags. You must bow on your knees, donate your first born, and beg the messiah to get the germans to release their grip on the coveted P7 mags.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I take it you have never owned an HK. I've paid 100 bucks a piece for 12 round USP45 mags during the ban. Regular price on the things are 60 bucks or so now plus shipping.

See therein lies the difference...you could buy them, albeit at a ridiculous price. I don't even have that option. :p

You are correct though, I've yet to drink the H&Koolaid.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Anyone waiting on the promo mags from Springfield needs to call and make sure your in the system. Many people over in the XDforum boards found out after a long wait that their info was not in their system. I will be calling tomorrow to make sure.

Thanks for this bit of information. I'll be calling shortly as well.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    See therein lies the difference...you could buy them, albeit at a ridiculous price. I don't even have that option. :p

You are correct though, I've yet to drink the H&Koolaid.

Thats a matter of opinion. Some of the HK magazines like the USPC 10 rounders HK won't even confirm nor deny the existence. And I have seen them. Some day I might touch one.

Good luck finding your mags. I know it sucks.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I ordered two mags direct from Springfield, in addition to the freebies. They estimated 30 days for delivery, but someone on XDtalk said he paid extra for speedy delivery.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    "free" Mags

I bought an xd-9 about 6 weeks ago and sent in for the free mags. I received an email confirmation last week that my order had been processed and I could expect my mags within 4-6 weeks.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I have yet to receive my email, but I called Springfield yesterday to make sure my info was in the system. The service tech sounded pretty annoyed that apparently a lot of people are calling and asking the same thing. She said the reason some people aren't in the system is because they're opening mail, and processing those applications on a chronological basis. As of yesterday they were on early November's request forms. I'll just keep on waiting for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom