Opinions of the Sig Sauer 556

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    Hello everyone, I recently purchased a Sig 556 without knowing much about the gun. I have searched for articles and opinions without much luck. I have never fired this weapon but feel that Sig is known for quality firearms. Anyone replying with first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    While I wont go so far as to agree with the previous poster (Who has apparently never handled one) I'll say I wasnt impressed. It seemed to me that they just got lazy, threw a bunch of standard AR parts at the gun and said "yeah, that'll work" without making any improvements. I remember liking that the safety was only a 1/4 turn and not the 90 degree turn the AR requires, but other than that I wasnt wowed.

Isnt it a gas piston setup? Why did they use the entire clunky buffer tube setup from the AR when they could have made a more compact telescope or folder?

Formermonroehand

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Dutchtown
    Do you have any knowledge to back that up? I was afraid there would be someone to post a reply that was only spewing hate and discontent.

I was joking. I have only held one and that was this past weekend. I don't know anything about them. I do however believe that a Rock River Varmint with a 20" barrel will shoot every bit as good as a Wilson Combat Super Sniper.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I almost bought one but they were, and still are, overpriced. I saw them going for $1750 about 6 months ago. I held one a few weeks ago and wasn't at all impressed. Its big and bulky. Seems almost like an airsoft to me with all the plastic and chunkyness. I spent my money elsewhere and glad I did. Granted, I didn't fire the 556, but from what I've read I didn't miss out on much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom