Opinions on chest waders.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Those are stocking foot waders which means you will need to get wader shoes or find a pair of old shoes that are two sizes larger than what you normally wear. Also I feel as though you get what you paid for with waders, they save money by skimping on the seams and using inferior glue. They may only last a season before you will have a wet foot.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you are hunting in open flooded fields, then neoprene is probably fine (assuming the seams hold up). I used to hunt in flooded timber, and there were many times I was glad I had on Lacrosse heavy duty waders. They were as puncture proof as anything out there. I agree - you generally get what you pay for.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I've had a pair of neoprene cabela's brand waders since before Katrina and they are still going strong. They've more than paid for themselves.

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    I would buy them. but it depends on how hard you are on your gear. if you will be in rough timber.... may want something more sturdy, but then again.... if you play the cost factor you can get a new cheap pair every season.
    I have found that I need a new pair of wader boots every year (or at least until I find a way to keep the eyelets from rusting). Value is big picture, how many years do you expect to get from it? is it cheaper to get a new pair every year?....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    My dad got me some Hodgman Olive/Drab rubber chest waders in 2006 when I got out of the Marine Corps so we could go Teal hunting in Catahoula. I've been wearing them ever since!!!

I wash them good after each use and store them INSIDE-Room Temp/CLOSET/ATTIC anywhere but outside with the weather. Stuff them with newspaper in the offseason. Although this year I've got a pup to train so I'll be wearing them throughout the summer. Actually might pick up some hip waders instead.

That's almost 6 years. I don't know about you but it's the LONGEST standing pair I've had. If/When these finally tear up, Hodgman has indeed earned my money for my next pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom