Opinions on precision firearms in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I used to shoot there years ago and they allowed us to shoot while moving and rapid fire which many ranges do not allow.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Last time I went was probably 8ish years ago before I built my own range on my property. Small but nice facility. Went a few times a month for a couple years. Typical no nonsense, 1911 packing old guys at the counter with a decent selection of rentals and ammo. Being able to work from the holster and do actual drills at speed was a nice change from other indoor ranges. They also had a steel challenege setup. Most importantly I always felt safe in there. RSOs paid attention and I never once saw anyone behaving unsafely.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The only indoor range I go to since they allow drawing from the holster and rapid fire. Also, the steel targets are a lot of fun. I recommend going during the week as it can get really busy and crazy on the weekends.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agreed on the rapid fire and steel swinger target lane. Many ranges do not allow that or have steel targets for use by anyone. I tuned in my Mk4 for Steel Challenge matches on those swingers. Nice to be able to rapid fire for practice and break in the pistol.

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Last time I was there I was shooting an UZI carbine, one rd. at a time, when this young guy came screaming at me about no high power rifle allow! I didn't argued. Just packed my stuffs and never return.

Jughead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Go there periodically for pistol lanes only and no issues. They changed the opening time (maybe just during week) from 10 to 11. For high powered rifles they have a separate room the size of closet with 2 lanes. Even with exc ear protection the concussion is huge. It will shake the walls and your brain.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Never had any issues there, but I always get a kick out of the bullet holes in the ceiling and walls of the rifle lanes. How hard is it to keep a rifle pointed downrange?

Top Bottom