Optic options for 14.5" build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Sport Optics in Hammond
    Gave a visit to interstate guns in my search for an optic. They were nice and helpful but did not have many different options on hand as far as LPVO's go. To be fair, I did not go anywhere else in person, so I can't say that they have less or more inventory to fondle or choose from than anyone else would. They did offer me quite a deal on a Tango 6t, which was a bit out of the budget I was aiming for but was very tempting at the price they offered.
    That was the only hands on research I did in my search.

Once I finally narrowed down my options, I called sport optics only to find out that they did not carry any of the scopes I was looking for, except one and it was out of stock. So, I can at least say I tried to give them my business.

In the end, I ended up ordering a P4Xi from steiner-scopes.com

While I have very little experience with anything else to compare it to, I will say this scope is pretty legit. Glass is super clear, reticle is really nice, illumination is super bright and visible on all surfaces in all light conditions, size and weight are average or better, and it did not cost $1000+, even after adding a mount.
    28cc09bb3ddc3cc1b09d02340c2a8d39.jpg

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    P4xi is unbeatable at the price point it is at now.

The only thing you compromise with it is 4x instead of 6x which is not a big deal for an AR optic in my opinion.

I follow SuperSetCA on YouTube with their order by price under $1500
    Burris RT-6
    Vortex PST Gen II
    Delta Stryker/Trijicon Credo (tie)
    Vortex Razor

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    P4xi is unbeatable at the price point it is at now.

The only thing you compromise with it is 4x instead of 6x which is not a big deal for an AR optic in my opinion.

I follow SuperSetCA on YouTube with their order by price under $1500
    Burris RT-6
    Vortex PST Gen II
    Delta Stryker/Trijicon Credo (tie)
    Vortex Razor
    The RT6 and the PST were ruled out due to size and weight. The credo and Stryker were 2 of the 3 I narrowed down to. The razor is just butt ugly and out of the price range I was shooting for.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    The RT6 and the PST were ruled out due to size and weight. The credo and Stryker were 2 of the 3 I narrowed down to. The razor is just butt ugly and out of the price range I was shooting for.
    right, i have 2- pst, and they are great scopes, super clear and daylight bright , only still have them cause i got them for a steal... but that said they are the biggest and heaviest of the lpvo family in the 1-6 range

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Weight is always a big factor to me and I get it about the Razor. I couldn’t put something on that I just can’t stand the look of

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Athlon Argos BTR GEN2 1-8 is a really nice piece of glass that won’t break the bank. And the lighted reticle is daylight visible.

Top Bottom