Outdoor Rifle Ranges in the BR/NO/Northshore Area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tidewater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2020
    Hammond
    I live in Hammond and a casual shooter, so I'm not too familiar with places to practice rifle. I googled 'outdoor+rifle+ranges" and got some hits, including a place map pictured below with some local sites. I don't think they're all outdoor though.

What do you recommend? I'm looking for a safe public access range, outdoor, for rifle and maybe clay.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.39.56 AM.png

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Hello. I'm a Range Officer at Honey Island Shooting Range in the Pearl River Wildlife Management Area in Pearl River, Louisiana. It's about an hour and fifteen minute ride for you but we offer an outdoor rifle range up to 100 yards. We also have a separate 25 yard pistol range and a separate clay throwing range. Come shoot all day for only $6. Bring your firearm(s), ammo and targets or we have paper targets for sale if needed. All rifle and pistol positions are covered and the area behind the firing line at the shotgun range is covered also. Pistol line offers resettable steel plate racks, paper target area and a rimfire 22lr only area with numerous reactionary steel targets. Rifle line has positions to put targets every 25 yards out to 100 and there's a metal gong at the 100 yard point as well.

Check us out at www.honeyisland.org.

NOTE!!! THE RANGE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER FOR IMPROVEMENTS BEING MADE TO MULTIPLE AREAS OF THE RANGE AND PARKING AREA BY THE STATE.

Peterpaul227

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Northshore
    [FONT=&quot]Bedico creek shooting grounds east of ponchatoula
    , I think it’s more tailored for bench shooting and you pay by the hour .
    I like honey island for standing and sitting rifle position practicing and M.T.C.A. In ms for prone and a 200 yd range . The guys there are pretty friendly . Nicks in gramercy is cool and can get busy even during the week but the bench’s are a bit close for sitting on the ground
    If your gonna bring a few rifles nicks or mcta as you can park close or right next to the benches .honey island you’ll have a short walk bring a wagon if you got a few . Good luck
    [/FONT]

Conaso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Virginia
    I try different ranges when I visit family in the BR area. Just be super cautious of yourself and others on ranges that do not have RSOs, especially public ranges. Different ranges have different rules but some people are not aware of safe firearm handling and react negatively even to polite and respectful comments. Have fun, be safe, police your brass.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    https://www.mctarange.com/contact
    MCTA Indoor Location
    1309 South Haugh Avenue
    Picayune, MS 39466
    1 (228) 365-0022
    operations@mctarange.com
    Hours: Thursday to Saturday from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm.
    By Booking Only

Im just adding on the above quoted post. MCTA also has an outdoor rifle/pistol range. Maybe about 6-7 25yard ranges and a 200yd rifle range. They are located on Flat Top road in Kiln Ms. Its about 20 minutes outside Slidell and about a 30-45 minute ride from NO East. The outdoor range is available 24/7 for members.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    A fellow shooter from Hammond here. A lot of goods ones mentioned already. I would like to add Tangipahoa parish sheriff's range in Amite to the list. It's open to the public only on second and third Saturday of the month. Nice range but max 100 yards though.

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Which of these ranges are listed or not listed offer. Steel or gongs to shoot?
    Honey Island has steel gongs at 100yd rifle. Also have steel, resettable plates for pistols only on pistol line at about 18yds.

We also have a variety of reactionary steel targets on a rimfire only section of our pistol line set out at many different distances.

We SHOULD be reopening Thanksgiving weekend. Check our website or here for my latest updates on this forum.

new_bayu_shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    Honey Island has steel gongs at 100yd rifle. Also have steel, resettable plates for pistols only on pistol line at about 18yds.

We also have a variety of reactionary steel targets on a rimfire only section of our pistol line set out at many different distances.

We SHOULD be reopening Thanksgiving weekend. Check our website or here for my latest updates on this forum.

Thank you

joe504glock

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Metairie
    I’m a really big fan of MCTA it’s only 10 minutes from honey island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member