Palo Alto RIMFIRE PRS April Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    Palo Alto Rimfire Precision will be hosting a PRS style rimfire match on Sunday April 23rd. Check in starts at 7:30am, safety meeting at 8:45am, the match starts at 9:00am. Match setup will begin at 7:00am and once the COF is setup there will be a warmup target for sighters until 8:30am.

The match will be 6 stages and 59 shots.

Match fee is $20.00.

Signup on Practiscore using the following link:

Practiscore Registration Link

Hope to see some posters at the match!

Attachments

• April Match Handout.pdf
      503 KB · Views: 53

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Palo Alto Rimfire Precision will be hosting a PRS style rimfire match on Sunday April 23rd. Check in starts at 7:30am, safety meeting at 8:45am, the match starts at 9:00am. Match setup will begin at 7:00am and once the COF is setup there will be a warmup target for sighters until 8:30am.

The match will be 6 stages and 59 shots.

Match fee is $20.00.

Signup on Practiscore using the following link:

Practiscore Registration Link

Hope to see some posters at the match!
    Are these targets steel plates? Does anyone have a picture of the range so I can see what actually it will look like. It looks like a ball, but I've never shot any of these type of matches, but my MP5 22 might be fun to try out at this.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    Are these targets steel plates?
    Yes.

my MP5 22 might be fun to try out at this.
    this is precision match targets range from 1/2" at 50 yds to a 12" at 265yds.

Does anyone have a picture of the range so I can see what actually it will look like. It looks like a ball, but I've never shot any of these type of matches
    These matches are definitely fun and challenging. If you open the pdf I attached to the original post it shows the complete course of fire.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Oh wow, 265 yards with a .22lr is crazy. I've never even thought of shooting a .22 that far. Looking up some HV ammo, B/C, muzzle velocity and ballistics app is telling me stuff that means I have a ton of stuff I need to do before I could even think of walking out there and trying to compete. I'm not sure the MP5 22 would work that well on longer ranges (more than 100 yds) due to my prism optic has no magnification. But up close it's should be fine, maybe I could use the wifes 10/22 for the longer ranges, but her scope is a inexpensive one I'm sure wouldn't be ideal for those ranges. Looks like I have some research to do.
    Can you use different rifles for each stage??

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    Looking up some HV ammo
    sub sonic ammo is much more popular in this game due to the potential of having a transonic transition when shooting at the longer ranges.

Can you use different rifles for each stage??
    not unless you have a mechanical issue with a rifle.

Bolt actions are by far the most popular platform however 10/22's are shoot frequently. If this is something you are interested in come watch a match and see what you think. Red dot sights are not popular at all due to the level of precision required. You really want a magnified optic with adjustable turrets and graduated crosshairs.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Bolt actions are by far the most popular platform however 10/22's are shoot frequently. If this is something you are interested in come watch a match and see what you think. Red dot sights are not popular at all due to the level of precision required. You really want a magnified optic with adjustable turrets and graduated crosshairs.
    Well I don't own a bolt action .22, all of my .22 guns are S/A. I would love to shoot a style of match at closer ranges for speed vs accuracy at range with a .22, but this does look appealing to. I may have to check one out soon. Thanks

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    Well I don't own a bolt action .22, all of my .22 guns are S/A. I would love to shoot a style of match at closer ranges for speed vs accuracy at range with a .22, but this does look appealing to. I may have to check one out soon. Thanks
    steel challenge might be what you are looking for. There is a steel challenge match at Palo Alto on the second Sunday of every month.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

As civiltiger07 said, the Steel Challenge matches would be much better suited to your MP5 22 and a non-magnifying optic. There is a class for rimfire rifle with optics. Definitely the speed/accuracy situation.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As civiltiger07 said, the Steel Challenge matches would be much better suited to your MP5 22 and a non-magnifying optic. There is a class for rimfire rifle with optics. Definitely the speed/accuracy situation.

Sounds like I need to go hang out @ Palo Alto some more. lol I use to shoot the FPR matches several years back when it wasn't all custom rifles and high end optics (I thought it was a beginners type intro match), I built a 24 inch AR to shoot it and had alot of fun, but the time to work up a good load recipe was too time consuming for me. I'm just looking for something to grab a gun, some off the shelf ammo and go have fun shooting steel! Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom