Parallels Huricane Issac Videos

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Not too much doom and gloom here. We were prepared and handled things pretty well.

First up:

I think my boy was getting a little nervous at this point but my reassurance that we had a plan for even the worse case scenario seemed to work just fine. You'll notice that the water is even higher than it is here in the videos in which he's having a grand old time.

This deer ended up spending much of the rest of the storm huddled against my neighbor's house for protection from the storm.

An armadillo that I had been trying to trap or kill for months ended up on my porch during Hurricane Issac.

More to come when I get them uploaded.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Did you guys get any water in the house? My supervisor lives in Ridgewood there in LaPlace. Had 3 or 4 feet in his place. Lost his '12 Camaro and said his Tahoe was nearly floating trying to get out. Said the water came up really fast. He finally came back to work today. Been busy ripping the house apart. Cool vids though.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    The armadillo was just happy to be there so he didn't move much. He was there all day and all night with people going in and out the door (I was the only one on the block not flooded into the house). Sometime before 9:00 AM he was gone.

We got about 6" into the garage but I had a good 18 left before the house would have flooded.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Sounds like your Armadillo problem is a lot like someone's Raccoon problem on BS.... :D

Must have been what, a 50 or 60 yard shot from your porch to the neighbors house where the deer stayed huddled up? I think I would have let fly a few arrows and apologize to the neighbor later. ;)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sounds like your Armadillo problem is a lot like someone's Raccoon problem on BS.... :D

Must have been what, a 50 or 60 yard shot from your porch to the neighbors house where the deer stayed huddled up? I think I would have let fly a few arrows and apologize to the neighbor later. ;)

Yeah, if this were October, it's on.

Fresh fried backstrap does wonders to help make it through a storm.....:)

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Great videos, and I still remember my dad being like that during tornado weather and stuff like that. Always made us feel better about the situation to the point that now we just don't sweat it.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    The reason you did not get water inside your home could be, notice I say "could be", is that you showed mercy for the critter, so you were shown mercy.

Could be, you know. Just a thought. My hat is off to you.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Thanks y'all. Could be... for one thing he had moved on to somewhere that didn't raise hell with my yard, so it was easier to show mercy. As for the deer... yeah... had deer been in season I might have been tempted. I did have two generators so the freezer could have been filled... LOL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom