PCP under 36" recommendation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I am thinking about getting a PCP air rifle in 22 caliber. Can anyone recommend a PCP pellet rifle under 35.75" (to fit in my safe)? I'd like it to be quiet as well. If it's over that length with an easily detachable moderator, that's fine.

I had in mind to get a benjamin marauder but that's far to long in length. The furthest distance in my back yard is around 90-100 feet. I'd like it to be capable of 1" groups or less at that range if I do my part.

Ill say I don't have a budget but as my first PCP, I don't want to spend too much. If I have to spend more for quality and the ability to get parts and better customer service, that's fine. I don't think I need am FX $1500 rifle. I don't believe youtube recommendations much since imo a lot are paid for advertising.

Scope recommendations are welcome as well.

I plan to use a hand pump. If I somehow start shooting a lot, I'll do an electronic pump.

I do not mind buying the rifle or optic used. Feel free to be honest and tell me things I don't want to hear. Thoughts.....?

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I say get the Marauder and just don't keep it in the safe. Mine puts pellet after pellet into the same hole from a rest at our indoor range, aka my buddies house, at about 50'. It's been know to take squirrel, or dove, at about 100'. I'm using a Winchester 4x32 AO air rifle scope I picked up from Pyramyd Air for about $45.

The hand pump is ok if you don't shoot a ton, but the electric pump is a lot less cardio.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    For optics there are many choices but I agree with Fugum. You want something very rugged for the recoil like a fixed power and for air rifles I need an adjustable objective or even better side parallax in case you want to shoot closer

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    If I do Benjamin, it will be the benjamin akela since it's a bullpump. I like the look of the bullpump as well as it's short length.

Athlon released their new line with a 10 yard parallax so ill end up with one of those most likely.

What do you guys recommend for an air compressor? I read the air venturi's are total garbage.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Sorry, I don't own a compressor, but I can tell you using a hand pump to 3000psi isn't something you want to do everyday. I didn't feel I shoot mine enough to justify buying a compressor

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I want to see how much I shoot it before I buy a compressor. Hand pumps are cheap so it isn't like i need to drop a few hundred on one that could of went to a compressor.

I thought about filling up tanks on the side for people but if i ruin once persons tank and have to pay for it, that would set me back a lot.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    For compressors some buy the Chinese from Amazon and they last as long as they last or a good one that will last 4 times longer but costs 4 times more. Don’t want to be caught without one

Bobisanidiot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, La
    Look into the Diana stormrider. Cheap and shoots pretty well. You can add a moderator and regulator to quiet it up and give more shot consistency. And very light and short compared to the marauder.

Top Bottom