PDW Optics?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonVHerbert

Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 28, 2021
    New orleans
    What are some of y’all’s favorite optics for PDW’s? I just ordered a Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW, and was intending on throwing a Trijicon MRO on it but have since seen rather poor ratings which is disappointing. Figured you guys had some solid-experience and suggestions.

Attachments

• 391E23FE-EEC3-4932-AD8B-1EDCF8C4216A.jpeg
      391E23FE-EEC3-4932-AD8B-1EDCF8C4216A.jpeg
      85.5 KB · Views: 298

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I like the Eotech but having to power it on as a personal protection gun kinda Millie’s it for me. I leave it in my hog gun.

The aim points are solid b/ you can leave them on but the dot size isn’t my thing.

So far LPVOs are my go to for everything. Just remember, cry once buy once.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What are some of y’all’s favorite optics for PDW’s? I just ordered a Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW, and was intending on throwing a Trijicon MRO on it but have since seen rather poor ratings which is disappointing. Figured you guys had some solid-experience and suggestions.

The newer MROs do not have the problems the earlier models did. I prefer an Eotech EXPS or an MRO. Any of the options bigchillin posted are good to go as well.
    64655ec8a4073fe1d5b8f2a1394ecb7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Picked up primary arm’s new micro prizm when they came out. Had heard good things and they arent too pricey so thought i’d check it out. Long story short, ended up on my SBR. substantially less weight, smaller footprint and the ACSS reticle is ever bit as fast as my EoTech’s donut of doom. auto off/on is an added plus.
    327F24DF-D65E-4BE2-A937-8A49953D5444.jpeg

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I'm a lowly fudd that'll never engage anything more deadly than cardboard with a rifle, but I'm a big fan of the Holosun 510c in the bang-for-buck red dot category.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Hard to beat these two options for me… I like eotechs, but kinda got burnt on them years ago with the battery drain.. that has since been fixed but I have moved on and don’t like change lol
    9D31AD74-ED2D-41D4-AAD6-BD80B1780AF1.jpeg

9382E0ED-478F-4C54-8086-AB9EDF0DDA80.jpeg

8EFF0891-71A4-4486-9726-F6C51D415D17.jpeg

Last edited:

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    My MRO bangs around in the unit day in day out and hits every range day they’ll let me join. Haven’t shut it off since it went in service in about March-ish of this year.

Only thing I’d do different is find a way to eat the tears and spent the extra ~$200 for the MRO HD with the donut.

Personally I have a hard time justifying aimpoint micro money for not made in USA stuff. IIRC they are (or at least were) made in Finland. Better than jyna, but still not murica. Eotech is a generation proven battle optic - but it’s battle proven by people who don’t pay for batteries and their mission plans include changing batteries daily.

Hope that helps.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    My MRO bangs around in the unit day in day out and hits every range day they’ll let me join. Haven’t shut it off since it went in service in about March-ish of this year.

Only thing I’d do different is find a way to eat the tears and spent the extra ~$200 for the MRO HD with the donut.

Personally I have a hard time justifying aimpoint micro money for not made in USA stuff. IIRC they are (or at least were) made in Finland. Better than jyna, but still not murica. Eotech is a generation proven battle optic - but it’s battle proven by people who don’t pay for batteries and their mission plans include changing batteries daily.

Hope that helps.
    agreed i typically buy mine used for the $450-500 range, i dont think they worth $700.... Mro's are hard to beat for the price, I like them but again i am a creature of consistency... The older eotechs i were using , even with new batterys and everytime id go to the range they would be blinking.. And also i find the donut retical slows me down, i cant quite explain it but for me it just dont work lol. And yea if it has to be made in America for you to use it, the micro isnt for you... even though it is battle proven, but they like a fine swiss watch lol

JonVHerbert

Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 28, 2021
    New orleans
    I like the Eotech but having to power it on as a personal protection gun kinda Millie’s it for me. I leave it in my hog gun.

The aim points are solid b/ you can leave them on but the dot size isn’t my thing.

So far LPVOs are my go to for everything. Just remember, cry once buy once.
    Do you think a Trijicon ACOG would be a good choice?

JonVHerbert

Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 28, 2021
    New orleans

Hope that helps.
    I was looking at the MRO HD, but it appears it loses its MOA often from what I'm seeing. To be honest, go type it on youtube and watch a few vids, they are getting trashed. But I personally do like them.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    68738AEB-1DAA-4C27-8D38-3C3BD7CF5B2A.jpeg
    4BC53624-049F-45AF-B5C5-CC5AF044E54A.jpeg

i have one, well kinda ;), ta31, its great!! but deff not a cqb reticle, that’s why most people piggyback rmr or 45 a reddot and eye relief sucks like 1.2"... Now i have had a few ta44's 1.5x, 2.5-4" eye relief.. they were nice but i was still a lot faster with reddots and quality lpvo

Last edited:

K3G

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2021
    New Orleans
    I’ve been pretty impressed with the Holosun 512, the design is a little more robust than the 510. You could couple it with a magnifier on a QD mount to give yourself options.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I love these new micro prisms if you have astigmatism. They are robust and have nice glass. The biggest problem was always that they were so heavy and big. The new ones are small and very light. The Primary Arms and Vortex Gen II are good ones if you want to go that route. Eye relief is the only thing now that sets them apart. ACOG is another good choice.

Everything else mentioned on this thread has been good advice though.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    G
    View attachment 112793View attachment 112794
    i have one, well kinda ;), ta31, its great!! but deff not a cqb reticle, that’s why most people piggyback rmr or 45 a reddot and eye relief sucks like 1.2"... Now i have had a few ta44's 1.5x, 2.5-4" eye relief.. they were nice but i was still a lot faster with reddots and quality lpvo
    Get a riser and goose neck that bad boy backwards over the charging handle!

Top Bottom