Performance Edge 'Street Safe Takedowns & Intro to Ground Survival'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    For anyone looking at making it to the Tactical Response Alumni Weekend, this is a great deal. I'll be in Camden from the Monday prior to at least the Wednesday after, visiting with friends and spending some time on both sides of the line. I am looking forward to this class, in particular. It just got confirmed yesterday.

Aaron Little will be teaching his two day "Street Safe Takedowns & Intro to Ground Survival" class in Camden, TN the Tursday & Friday before the Tactical Response Alumni Weekend. Cost is $300 for both days. I've wanted to take this class since Aaron & Rikki first offered it, but the dates never worked out.

Right now, I'm looking at two days of training for $300 AND no ammo or gear costs AND no legitimate travel expenses because I was planning to be there already...that's pretty hard to ****ing beat.

July 16th - 17th, 2009
    The class will be held in Camden, TN and will begin promptly at 9:00 am

Day one of this Two Day Combatives Workshop will focus on the fundamental skills necessary for putting your opponent on the ground while you stay standing.

Day two will focus on fighting your way back to your feet in the unfortunate instance that you find yourself on the ground.

Both days will rely heavily on Alive training (against resistance) with drills to reinforce all of the skills. A heavy emphasis will be put on the principle of “Rule Number One: Protect Yourself” as well as defending and transitioning to your weapon.

The pace of the two days will be dictated by the participants, as will the breaks and end time each day. The harder you want to work, the more we will cover.

You will need to bring
    Mouth Piece
    Suitable Training Clothes
    16 oz Boxing Gloves
    Blue Gun
    Holster
    Note Pad
    Pen
    Open Mind
    Willingness To Work Hard
    The class fee is $400.00 (due at time of registration)
    Alumni Weekend Special! Only $300.00!

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    A takedown class with our without firearms/weapons?

Hmmph, not quite sure what you are asking...

Aaron's class will focus on integrating unarmed skills into your defensive repertoire. Just because we carry guns, knives, OC, etc doesn't mean we get to use them. A whole lot of problems begin as unarmed problems, whether we want them to or not.

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    i was just wondering. I teach Shotokan and its very influenced in take downs and sweeps. I also have an instructor in my dojo teaching judo so there are lots of bodies flying around my dojo every class. After reading your post, I was intrested in how Street Safe Takedowns on a shooters forum would apply. Hence my question.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    I've known Aaron for several years, trained under him in a rifle class and a bit of unarmed but this is the first chance I've had to do a 2 day program with him.

Senseibuddy,

Most 'gunguys' tend to underestimate the need for unarmed skills and, when they do engage in unarmed work, it tends to be in isolation. Classes like SouthNarc's ECQC or Mike Brown/USSA's CQT are, generally, the exception.

Guys like Paul Sharp, Chris Fry, Cecil Burch and Aaron Little offer programs that focus on the unarmed aspects, with a full appreciation of the weapon issues.

Top Bottom